September 18, 2014

I'm starting to get sick and tired of Hiro on Heroes

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 17th 2009 6:02PM
Masi OkaLook, I've stuck with Heroes all the way through. I even defended it during the second season and the first half of this season, when fans were insulting it and running off in droves. I'm still going to stick with it, but I'm closer to not watching the show than I've ever been before.

Last night's episode had the usual mix of the good and the bad. I like the whole Sylar/Luke story. It gets Sylar away from the rest of the heroes and gives him his own story/quest. I'm sure his story will intersect with the rest of the heroes towards the end of the season, but I'm glad he's not up against them right now. I like the whole "screwed up buddy picture" vibe he has with the kid and the adventures they could get into on the way.

I also like Claire being back at home (though I don't see how or why her mom and brother didn't flee long ago), helping the comic book guy run from her dad and the other agents. Promising ending with HRG being drugged, too.

But Hiro. Oh, God, Hiro.

Remember when he was the most likable of the heroes? I don't get why the writers keep giving him stupid plot lines to deal with, searching for his "destiny" and doing dumb things. And again in another country? First we had that tedious stuff in 1600s Japan, then he was in Africa, and now he's in India, to ... well, for some reason I still don't quite get. It just confuses the main story and introduces more characters to not care about. And can someone explain to me how Hiro and Ando got to India, since Hiro doesn't have powers right now and I'm sure they couldn't get on a plane without being spotted. Do the heroes have an invisible plane like Wonder Woman?

I remember a couple of months ago that the producers said there wasn't going to be any more crazy stuff, that we're actually going to see the heroes back in their regular jobs being regular people. Yeah, I think that lasted an episode and a half. I'm sticking with this show, but unlike the first season, I keep saying to myself, I wish it was better.

P.S. I think it would be awesome if Moira Kelly was playing the same character she played on The West Wing. That would help explain her (very welcome) vanishing from that show. Hey, both jobs are government-related, so it's possible.

Coronaboy

I'm so sick of them wasting time on Heroes with Hiro and the other dude. They need to get rid of them, and make room for more stories. Yes, he was funny at first... but that got old real fast! Any more, I skip over his storyline, unless some of the other Heroes are involved.

February 18 2009 at 4:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I keep waiting for the cool Hiro that said "Save the Cheerleader..." but he hasn't shown up yet. You'd think he would have at lease made a cameo since early in Season 1. I'm over him...and Mohinder.

I like Claire. She's more action and less whiny this season, and that's a relief.

February 18 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jch1973

I could not disagree more with all of you. Hiro and Claire are the best parts of the show. I'd even say they are the reasons I watch this show and I have never missed an episode.

February 18 2009 at 1:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greatone

I still can tolerate Hiro but the writer need to move his storyline along. Either give Hiro his sword back and return his old power or give him a new power.

The person I wish they would kill off the show or stop making her so annoying is Claire. If Claire wants to be so independent and hate HRG so much, why doesn't she just move out of the house. I am tired of all her whining and know it all attitude. If it wasn't for HRG working for Nathan, Claire would have been captured by Nathan's henchmen . I wish the writers would have kept Daphne and killed off Claire instead.

February 18 2009 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eric f

Funny thing, it used to be Sylar that annoyed the hell out of me. This past episode I liked him.

Now Hiro is the unbearable one. Why is he still acting like a 10 yr old?

February 18 2009 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

How can you not be sick of this entire show? It has just become SO bad!

February 18 2009 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Devin

I have seen the question of who is 'Rebel' posted on a couple sites and i haven't seen anyone chime in with any guesses, is that just because it seems pretty obvious that it is Angela?

She told Nathan off for going against her and taking it to the president and she had the files sitting there with her, including one on Nathan's hunter buddy. It just seems real likely/obvious that she would be trying to help the other people with powers especially the ones she considers friends and her granddaughter (Claire). Just my two cents.

February 18 2009 at 10:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Devin's comment
Jennifer

I think Rebel is Angela as well. Besides it would serve Nathan right to have his own mama bring him down. I agree with her, it's pointless to bother the ppl that arent hurting anyone else, like the Aqualad character they just introduced that's evidently staying in Claire's room. What could he do really? Cheat at a swim meet?

I'm starting to like Claire again. I've noticed a lot of ppl complaining about her whininess, but she's a fricking teenager, it's what they do!

I do agree about Hiro tho. He used to be pretty cool but now, grr. He's like the popular kid who's not popular anymore.

My biggest question is Noah really a good guy or not. Or is he one of those ppl in the gray? Guess we'll find out Monday.

My other question- kinda off topic- is anyone else's local station cutting the sides off of the broadcasts? Cause it's really annoying.

February 18 2009 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

"Rebel" is Micah.

(That's just my guess.)

February 22 2009 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mail4bh

You hit that one on the head, dude. I've hated Hiro since season one. He has got to be the stupidest TV character EVER. I fast forwarded through his scenes. I've never done that before. I plan to continue doing that, too. I almost fast forwarded through Sylar's scenes, too. At least Claire told her mom what was going on. That's the only thing that saved her entire plot line this episode.
I'm really very close to giving up on this show.

February 18 2009 at 8:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
philly_phenom

I am sad about it, but you are right - Hiro is boring. Peter without his powers from seasons 1&2 is boring.

Claire & Niki/Jessica/Tracy - boring.

Sylar - still awesome. Bennett pretty good. Nathan - douchebag, but you have to have a villain & he's doing okay at that.

I still haven't recovered from the season 1 finale. The show seemed to be building up to an awesome Peter/Sylar smackdown, but then - BORING.

Season 1 Heroes was the first thing I watched on my DVR Monday nights.

Now I kick it off when I go to bed. if I fall asleep & miss anything, I figure I'll read about it on the intertubes & go back to watch it.

February 18 2009 at 7:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
superrrguy

Not only was the Hiro plot line boring, it was completely ridiculous. Besides the fact that Hiro punches like a girl, he punched a mob boss on his wedding day (that had no other mob guests) and the guy say "you hurt my feelings, you can have your friend back."

February 18 2009 at 1:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply