September 19, 2014

What happened on The Biggest %&*#$@! Loser last night?

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 18th 2009 10:19AM
TaraBiggest Loser fans, this one is for you.

I don't watch the show. I hope the contestants get as healthy as they need to be but I don't really want to watch a reality show where people lose weight. But I kinda wish I had seen last night's episode because it appears that someone said the F word, and NBC didn't even bleep it.

It occurred when the Green Team's Tara looked at the wall of keys (I have no idea what that sentence means) and said "I don't f***ing know." For some reason, NBC let it slide. And this is on an 8pm show (not that they would have been allowed to do it 9pm, but it just really sticks out in the family hour).

So now everyone is waiting to see what the FCC has to say about it. Should they do anything? We can all talk about freedom and how the FCC and several groups get up in arms about minor things that don't really matter, but I think saying the F word on a show like this without bleeping it is a big mistake by NBC. It wasn't live, so they should have edited it out.

What should happen to NBC?
They should be fined198 (37.4%)
Swearing is no big deal, forget about it331 (62.6%)

[Thanks to Linda for the heads up]

h8rain

Haha, well the F word is a verb, noun, adjective etc... in my world, so I heard it loud and clear. We had it taped and listened to it twice. Certainly says, "I don't fucking know..." when she chooses the key. It slips right out, so it's not as if she stood there and yelled it. I find the blogging entertaining - like it's something that matters in the hill of beans.

March 03 2009 at 6:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
am_hollitz

Perhaps she said it with artistic merit.

February 19 2009 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike MacDonald

Wow Bob, You don't even watch the show, then report on some rumor that didn't even happen. Good fact checking there. I wonder why the internet has such a bad rep. I'll wait for your apology to NBC and your readers. Can you be any more lazy???

February 18 2009 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cincinnati Mike

So...it didn't happen, then?

February 18 2009 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benjh

I'm so tired of this fucking bullshite. So what, you think your kids won't hear the word Fuck at school? And what's so wrong with that word anyway? This is a fucking joke.

February 18 2009 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CDB

Yeah, I watched it last night and THOUGHT that is what she said.

I backed it up and watched again. She said "Freakin"

February 18 2009 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike McNamara

I bet she said "I don't fudge-ing know."

Except I guess "fudge" is probably a bad word on that show too.

Even if it sounded like "fuck" I'm fairly sure the argument can be made that it sounds like "frick" "frack" or even "fruck" and that's why NBC didn't do anything.

February 18 2009 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

What about the children?

You have to remember the children!!11!!

Frick, Frack...

You know in germany we say "Ficken" and nobody minds if you say "Fuck" out loud because so few people understand it and english is cool. Boy this is all so completely idiotic why am I commenting on this?

February 18 2009 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

I rewound it last night and after 3 listens I came to the conclusion that she said "Frickin'".

February 18 2009 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply