April 16, 2014

New TV on DVD releases this week

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 23rd 2009 6:03PM
Make Room For DaddyHere are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.

Let's do something different this week. Which of these DVDs do you plan on buying? Let us know in the comments section.

I can't imagine buying any of these shows. The only two I might be interested in are Just Shoot Me (though I think it's one of those shows I'm happy just to see in reruns and not actually own) and Make Room For Daddy. But I would buy that just because it's a classic show, not because it's one of my favorites. It's one of those classic shows that I just never got into, unlike I Love Lucy or The Dick Van Dyke Show or The Honeymooners.

• Breaking Bad - Season 1
  • Oliver Twist - Miniseries
  • The Red Green Show - 2001 Season
  • Spider-Man - The Vulture
  • Summer Heights High - Season 1
  • The Universe - Seasons 1 and 2 Megaset

amanda

I would buy the dirty jobs, futurama and the red green show.
I am not buying any of these but those would be the selections that I would choose

February 24 2009 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I'm not dashing out to buy anything this week, but "Into the Wild Green Yonder" and "The Red Green Show" are going on my "to-buy" list.

February 24 2009 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

C'mon! Everyone knows that while "yonder" may be blue here on Earth, in the depths of space it is, in fact, green.

February 23 2009 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matthew Golem

I think "Summer Heights High" is definitely worth buying.

February 23 2009 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

Futurama's "Into the Wild Green Yonder," not "Blue."

February 23 2009 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

Breaking Bad, if I hadn't already seen the season on TV.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD. Netflix more than satisfies my extremely occaisional urge to pop in a disk.

February 23 2009 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

Bob, I would buy "The Universe" if it is the program I'm thinking about....that is, a science program about the origin and formation of the cosmos. And I will buy "make room for Daddy".

February 23 2009 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply