October 1, 2014

TV Squad Ten: TV DILFs

by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 23rd 2009 11:17AM
Bruce Thomas as Stephen Trager in Kyle XYI think I'm getting old. I realized this last season while watching an episode of Kyle XY. Matt Dallas, who plays Kyle himself, and his baby blues weren't doing anything for me. Chris Olivero (Declan) and his hunky jock thing didn't excite me either. I turned to my husband, mildly horrified when it hit me: "Honey, the hottest guy on this show is the dad!"

When my husband shook off his case of the giggles, he gently reminded me that the dad was, actually, closer to my age than the teenage boys. True, but I am so not as old as that dad... but I do think he's hot.

In fact, there have been a lot of hot dads, let's call them DILFs, on TV in recent years. Gives us oldies some eye candy too, I suppose. So, in descending order (yep, you've got to wait until the end for the super-hotties):

TV Squad: Top DILFs

fowak

No Rufus Humphrey??? How disappointing...

March 03 2009 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PORSCHE

Shouldn't this list be dads i would like to meet or date? Woman don't have these kinds of lists. Or they wouldn't really do anything about it.

February 23 2009 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Spooky

You know, Sawyer on Lost is a daddy, too. I think many people forget that. ;)

February 23 2009 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ricky19

i dont like this new top lists with the flash cuz my computer and flash = crash.

February 23 2009 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daune Calovini

Almost didn't even click through, because of the Piz factor. BUT, seeing Jeffrey Dean on the list twice made it worth my while.

My first thought of an addition (seconding Summer) is Joe from Medium. Oh, Joe of the ubiquitous boxers. LOVE him.

Oooh, and if it was on at the moment, Jackson from Sons of Anarchy. Yum!

February 23 2009 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

Rufus from Gossip Girl. Gotta show love to the 90's alt-rocker dad.

February 23 2009 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

his name is william "dell" parker, not cooper. & why not put the name dell instead of william?

February 23 2009 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to xnifex's comment
Debra McDuffee

Nice catch -- this is being fixed. Thanks!

February 23 2009 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christy

Flash is so irritating...I wish the list was done the way you guys used to do it.

February 23 2009 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
summer

Oh, snap...no Joe Dubois (Jake Weber) from Medium? He's one of the main reasons I watch that show...

February 23 2009 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

Was this list even compiled by the TVS writer?

Also, Don Draper/Jon Hamm is not on this list, and is thus insufficient