December 22, 2014

Is Evangeline Lilly leaving Lost?

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 26th 2009 1:01PM
LostCould one of the top stars be leaving one of TV's top shows?

Zap2It is reporting that Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate on ABC's Lost, is currently auditioning for roles on new TV shows. And these aren't shows that are going to premiere after Lost ends its run after next season, these are pilots for new shows starting this fall. Hmmm...

This wouldn't be the first time that Lost has gotten rid of a major character on the. They killed off Charlie and Eko and Anna and got rid of Michael and Walt, so it's not like the show is against throwing fans for a loop and having anything possible. But Kate is a major major character, one that holds a lot of the plots together emotionally (her relationships with Jack and Sawyer, taking care of Aaron for Claire) so it would be a big deal if she were to leave. Several Lost sites have been reporting that a "majorish" character will be killed off before this season ends.

(Lilly's rep says the report isn't true.)

Or maybe Kate isn't killed. Maybe she's kidnapped or goes into hiding for some reason the writers can come up with, perhaps related to whatever she did with Aaron before she went back to the island. Or maybe Evangeline Lilly is just playing it safe or it's some contract tactic? Whatever, It's another Lost thing we can all obsess on for the next few months.

donkey23

Wow! And I thought I wasted a lot of time blogging on here about actual episodes! This is ridiculous! It is so far from a spoiler that I can't really believe it even rated a mention.

The actors on this show have to get kind of bored. Lilly hasn't had a whole lot of script to work with. I wonder what it would break down to if you compared the main actors on this show with a show like Grey's Anatomy. There is frequently so much time between character arcs. I wouldn't blame Lilly for wanting to get on with her life and career.

I can't believe she isn't adored by everyone too. I was just thinking tonight as I watched "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" that she has been looking absolutely gorgeoeus of late. I don't want her going anywhere!

March 04 2009 at 5:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thirdrail

Real life is real life and tv is tv. Telling you about the writer's strike wasn't a spoiler, even though it allowed you to predict all kinds of things while watching the shows themselves. You knew they hired Hayden whoever to replace the Anakin kid, and that wasn't a spoiler. Real life supersedes tv. News about Evangeline Lilly supersedes news about Kate, her fictional character. For the love of Yig, they announced when the entire series would end, and how many episodes there would be each season. Which is why you're even able to think Lilly might be leaving "early". You had no idea what early even was before they told you how long the show would run. You're using one "spoiler" to argue about another "spoiler".

March 02 2009 at 4:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paul

Didn't read the whole article, maybe I'm glad I didn't. With only one year left after this year maybe Ms. Lily is trying to set herself up for an enormous, final payday.

February 28 2009 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

I might be upset with the headline if it were any other LOST star, but considering I roll my eyes any time Kate is on screen this is potentially the greatest news I've ever read if it turns out to be true. Her scenes are laugh-worthy and detract from LOST for me.

February 27 2009 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

Well i really hope its Sun who gets killed off...i really really hate that selfish manipulative bitch. And wether shes the strongest, most loved or hated female on the show, lets face it...Kate is essential to the show. But if it is kate who gets offed then like others have said, I have complete trust in the writers and if they do it...i will follow it. Until the end.

February 27 2009 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARK

SPOILER ALERT

February 26 2009 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I think the only way to satisfy these people who are freaking out is to stop writing about "Lost", period. There's really no satisfying them.

February 26 2009 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Los

Umm.. the headline read "Is Evangeline Lily leaving 'Lost'?"

not.. "Evangeline Lily leaving 'Lost'?"

If you read that headline and choose to read on then you can't complain about what you find. The title itself suggests speculation.

February 26 2009 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Los's comment
Dorv

Same exact title at Ausiello's site, but because the content us different I doubt people have problems with it there.

Begs the question would the title "Evangeline Lilly staying on Lost" be a spoiler?

February 26 2009 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Questionmark

This is the first time i post here,and not that it matters if kate dies,becuase id rather see her blood in the water than another kiss scene with the first guy shes wet for,but as for the fact that it is a spolier,makes me feel a little uneasy about coming here for news.

February 26 2009 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Xploited 13: Well, *that* headline would have put a different image in readers' heads. A dirty one.

February 26 2009 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply