November 21, 2014

New TV on DVD releases this week

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 2nd 2009 6:03PM
My Two DadsHere are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.

I should be happy when there are a ton of new DVDs but nothing I want to buy, because I'll save some money. But this has been happening a lot lately. I mean, there must be something being released soon that I must own. I might have to get the Return of the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie if it wasn't included in the complete series set I have.

Kinda amazed that My Two Dads has been released on DVD, though I shouldn't be because it seems like a lot of shows are making their way to DVD now. It makes me hopeful that other sitcoms from that era will be released too.

• 7th Heaven - Season 8
  • Chowder - Vol. 2
  • Doctor Who - The Androids of Tara, Key To Time, The Armageddon Factor, The Power of Kroll, The Pirate Planet, The Stones of Blood, and The Ribos Operation (all Special Editions)

• East of Eden - Miniseries
  • ER - Season 10
  • The Hills - Season 4
  • The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - Return of the Man From U.N.C.L.E. (movie)
  • My Two Dads - Season 1
  • Nash Bridges - Season 2
  • Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - Series 1
  • Rick and Steve- Season 2
  • The Smurfs - Vol. 1
  • SpongeBob SquarePants - SpongeBob vs. The Big One
  • Stargate - The Ark of Truth/Continuum (regular and Blu-Ray)
  • Taggart - Set 1
  • Wildfire - Season 3
  • Wonder Woman 2009 - animated (regular and Blu-Ray)

Will

I was going to say "Who in the world would buy a DVD of 'My Two Dads,'" but then my co-worker just said when I told it was being released today, 'Oh, I used to LOVE that show!', so hey you never know.

March 03 2009 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

My Two Dads gets a release.
The Hills gets a release.
7th Heaven gets a release.
Not too long ago we got Stacked: The Complete Series.
Yet the rest of Hill Street Blues doesn't? Ditto for Taxi? I'm sure you can make this list longer.
Looks to me like the film Idiocracy is closer to coming true.

March 03 2009 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

How is crap like "My Two Dads" get released on DVD and yet we still can't get even one season of "The Wonder Years"? Yes I know I've heard it has something (or everything) to do with music rights, from all the popular songs they played during the episodes. But seriously, whoever is in charge of that get on the ball. This is seriously a big void in the TV on DVD landscape. That way we don't have to waste our money on "The Hills".

March 03 2009 at 8:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ManekiNeko

Holy crap, I remember that series, but only barely. How long did it last, anyway?

Speaking of obscure 1980s television series, did they ever release a DVD set of China Beach? How about Max Headroom?

March 03 2009 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

The Doctor Who's a double-dip, but with all the new extras, I can't resist.

The only other really likely candidate on the list is Kitchen Nightmares. What can I say - I've a soft spot for Ramsay.

March 02 2009 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saya

If they can put out old school stuff like My Two Dads (which I happened to love back in the day but I was the appropriate young age that I can't really feel too embarrassed for liking it...back then) why can't we get more recent stuff... like the one and only half season of Mr. Sterling???

March 02 2009 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan Bach

Anyone know when Season 4 of Weeds is coming out?

March 02 2009 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

When are they ever going to release "The F.B.I."?

March 02 2009 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply