July 22, 2014

How I Met Your Mother will reveal "the mother" this season?

by Debra McDuffee, posted Mar 3rd 2009 6:25PM
cast of How I Met Your Mother
Really? Ausiello seems to think so, but I have my doubts. I can see how he might think that to be true when he says Carter Bays told him the central mystery of the show is going to be (sort-of) resolved. However, I noticed that Ausiello didn't quote Bays here. Now, what he did quote Bays as saying is:

"At the end of the season, we will address the title of our show," reveals Bays, adding that the last four episodes will feature "big events in the lives of our characters -- specifically Ted (Josh Radnor). We're going to wrap up some things that have been left dangling."

Just because they will address how Ted meets the mother still doesn't mean that we'll know her identity. Where are they going to take the show if that happens? I don't want to watch a HIMYM that's about the gang and Ted dating. Oh wait. I already watch that, don't I? Well, as they say, the fun is in the chase, and if the chase is ended, HIMYM might lose some of its zing.

What do you think? Are we going to find out the identity of the mother? And will it ruin the show if we do?

rjdpont52

They should ax the show. Enough about doggie howser!!

November 15 2011 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeremy

okay he he's telling the kids the story in 2030 , the daughter is the oldest and she'd be 16 -18 , so that would make her born between 2012 and 2014 , the 9 months of pregnancy would put the ted and there mum relationship back to 2011 at the earliest ,so i am guessin it can't be too far away , i also think it may be the chick from the st patricks day episode where he moves out of her way

May 05 2009 at 3:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nath

It just says 'address the title of our show.' The title isn't 'Who Is Your Mother' it's 'HOW I Met Your Mother'.

April 10 2009 at 8:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

I think we have already seen the mother. Bumping into Ted. He doesnt really notice her as he is trying to speak to Barney. its in the st patricks day episode.
i might be wrong......

March 31 2009 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

I think the show's title shows the mother would be revealed in the last episode. After all, this is how I Met Your Mother, not How I Met Dated And Married your Mother.

March 05 2009 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GL

I enjoy the show, but I really don't care who the mother is or if they ever reveal it.

March 05 2009 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
G.R.

I'm quite sure that the show won't be cancelled (ratings are very good this year in comparison to the last seasons), so I just can't see Bays and Thomas revealing the secret at this point. I agree that it would probably take away something from the show.

March 05 2009 at 7:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

who gives a crap at this point? the show isnt exactly a huge success, writing is inconsistent, overall a 'meh' show.

March 04 2009 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KIrsch

What I really want to know is how long have those kids been sitting on that couch in 2030 they must have been sitting there for days listening to their father torture them with a long story and without any food they must be dead or near death. The second thing I want to know is why their father has become a Nazi and is starving his children its like a prison camp listening to that story for days without food or sleep.

March 04 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

This is a load of bull. We are so not finding out this year. Unless HIMYM gets canceled this year, anyway.

March 04 2009 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply