November 22, 2014

Curb Your Enthusiasm for the cast of Seinfeld

by Brad Trechak, posted Mar 5th 2009 6:04PM
SeinfeldWhat's a better place for a Seinfeld reunion than on the other television show of its co-creator? EW reports that the cast members of the Seinfeld NBC television series will be reuniting for a multi-episode arc on Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO.

Granted, Julia Louis-Dreyfus has a career at the moment with The New Adventures of Old Christine, but the others haven't really had a hit in a while. Jerry had his short-lived Microsoft commercials, Michael Richards had his on-stage racist blow-up and Jason Alexander is...somewhere, I'm sure.

Three of the cast members (Seinfeld, Dreyfus and Alexander) have appeared on Curb before, but never together. I still catch Seinfeld on re-runs time to time and at its best it still makes me laugh out loud.

I credit the excellent writing (and success) of Seinfeld more to Larry David than Jerry itself. It's nice to see the cast come back to where I consider its excellence came from.

Bearriffic

I'm frankly tired of Cheryl, if she finds Larry so distasteful, why did she marry him ... for money? I mean, Larry is always Larry, she didn't see that a p-in-the a he is.

On the other hand watching him try to divorce her, and her trying to get all his money, and him having none of that, would be fun. And I think Jessica A. Fox would be interesting as his new wife and her black family.

But, geeze, when is it coming back this year, it's mid-March???

March 15 2009 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alvaro

I thought last season, was a huge comeback from the Kidney season, which has been the worse.

It showed that the show still has a lot in it.

March 06 2009 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Alvaro's comment
jim

Ditto, hated season 5, but most of season 6 was a return to form.

Loved 1+2 for their standalone episodes, loved 3+4 for their season-length plots (The Restaurant and The Producers, both with superb finales), and have blanked 5 from my memory, particularly 'The End'.

The Blacks irritated me at first but I loved the season 6 finale with the flash-forwards, and I don't mind if Cheryl leaves the show.

March 06 2009 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

I hope Cheryl Hines hasn't left the show, now that she's no longer Larry's wife on CYE. I saw she has a new show, something about "motherhood" (forget the exact title), coming on NBC i think it was, so I wonder if there will still be a Cheryl on CYE.

I really wanted to see a huge, contentious divorce trial between Larry and Cheryl David. I thought that's where last season was going, but it never did. The last season was so long ago, I don't even remember how it ended, quite frankly, other than Larry living with the Blacks.

Unfortunately, the last few seasons of CYE have not been as brilliant or funny as the first few seasons were. I hope this upcoming season, Seinfeld cast or not, will be an improvement. Few people are funnier than Larry David when he's at his best.

March 06 2009 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bruce's comment
Justin

Cheryl Hines has confirmed that she'll be on this season of CYE.

This is awesome news. CYE is a rare show that makes you look forward to each season's finale because they are top notch. Last year's finale--especially the final two minutes--had me laughing for hours.

March 06 2009 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat

Get OUT! This is going to be really, really good. I could see Larry David whipping up something truly fantastic for the AHEM multi-episodes.

I share your excitement: http://squareeyes.blinkx.com/?p=415

March 05 2009 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

This is going to be great. Can't wait for the new season to start.

March 05 2009 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gazzoo

I'm guessing the plotline has something to do with Larry trying to put together a "Seinfeld" reunion...

March 05 2009 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

CYE has been filming all over Venice and Santa Monica the past month.

From what I saw being filmed, it's going to be a great season. Even better now that the old band is apparently getting together.

March 05 2009 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply