August 28, 2014

Yes, Heroes will return this fall

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 5th 2009 11:55AM
HeroesThis isn't a real surprise (to me anyway), but NBC has confirmed that Heroes will indeed return for another season this fall.

There's been endless talk about how the quality of the show has declined since the first season, and viewer numbers have been dropping this past season, but it's still a good show that draws a core audience and NBC understands this. It still has a certain amount of buzz associated with it, and NBC needs to hold on to what loyal fans the network has, especially since we don't know what the hell is going to happen with NBC's schedule when Jay Leno takes over 10pm Monday through Friday.

By the way, the Day One show mentioned in the article linked above is a new drama from Jesse Alexander, one of the producers of Heroes who was let go this season. It's about a group of residents from an apartment complex who have to band together after some sort of catastrophe. It could air on Monday nights too.

RobynM

Good to know I'm not the only one wondering where Chuck's renewal notice is.

I'll be particularly annoyed if Heroes is chosen over Chuck because they have to make room for the "Let's Shaft Conan and Jimmy" show.

March 05 2009 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

It's so funny to read this. Series like "Journeyman" get canceled but this crapfest of a show stays on.

Don't get me wrong. I like the actors. But the story is bull.

March 05 2009 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
greatone

I still watch Heroes but like other people said if they get rid of Chuck and keep Heroes I going to highly upset. NBC should not gave Leno the 9/10est slot. Leno painted himself into a corner when he promised Conan The Tonight Show and like Norm MacDonald said "One Up Conan again". I bet Conan would like to get out of his contact and go to another network now. I think having 4 latenight talk show Monday-Friday is stupid.

March 05 2009 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed_C.

Honestly, I can't understand why NBC does so poorly. Most of the shows I watch religiously are there. Chuck, Heroes, 30 Rock, The Office, ER, SNL, Scrubs (wait... whoops). Maybe I just have strange tastes.

March 05 2009 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

If Chuck gets cancelled for Heroes I will unleash all holy hell upon NBC.

March 05 2009 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

Well, if nothing else this proves that NBC really does have nothing else up it's sleeve. Too bad Dollhouse wasn't on NBC, if we want to renew based on buzz factor.

March 05 2009 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

I'd rather have Chuck return.

March 05 2009 at 1:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CDB

"It still has a certain amount of buzz associated with it, and NBC needs to hold on to what loyal fans the network has, especially since we don't know what the hell is going to happen with NBC's schedule when Jay Leno takes over 10pm Monday through Friday."

You can't be serious! The only buzz the show has is buzz about how it sucks. Or maybe you're talking about the buzz about how it ripped off The Watchmen?

Loyal Fans? NBC is doing horribly in the ratings. It needs to dump the "loyal fans" and start looking for new fans!

They really need to dump their failing shows and take a chance on something new.

March 05 2009 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to CDB's comment
Brian

Take a chance on something new...like giving Leno the 10 PM slot. Yeah, that's the type of new thinking that NBC is producing right now.

Given, Heroes isn't the show it once was, but it seems to be that the "new" thinking they do have is WAY worse than the old thinking that Heroes is.

I do have to say, I'm still a heroes fan, and the last episode, and what the next episode looks to be, seem to be better than it has been.

March 05 2009 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply