October 22, 2014

Buffy's Sarah Michelle Gellar heading back to TV

by Mike Moody, posted Mar 9th 2009 2:00PM
sarah michelle gellar maladysBuffy the Vampire Slayer alum Sarah Michelle Gellar is starring in an HBO comedy pilot called The Wonderful Maladys, about a group of dysfunctional New York siblings. The project also stars Nate Corddry (Rob's little brother) and Swingtown vet Molly Parker.

We don't know much about the show's concept yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Being a Buffy fan, anything Sarah Michelle Gellar does instantly pops on my radar. So far, Gellar's post-Buffy career has delivered a few tedious big screen horror thrillers like The Grudge and The Return, but I loved her comic performance in Richard Kelly's Southland Tales. That performance, along with some of her funnier bits from Buffy, have me convinced that Gellar would make a great comedic lead.

Charles Randolph (The Interpreter) wrote the pilot script and TV vet Alan Taylor (Mad Men, Big Love) is directing. Gellar is executive producing the project, which will be shot early next year.

Buckly

Timely post. This announced in September of 2008.

March 09 2009 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Buckly's comment
segsig

It's a bad headline, it's all over the web now because of the others just cast.

I was just going to dump HBO and they score Nate Corddry!

March 10 2009 at 5:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tobias

Good for her

March 09 2009 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ck

"Gellar is executive producing the project, which will be shot early next year."

I'm assuming will be shot this year, no? 2010 seems a long way off for this project.

March 09 2009 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

This should be interesting, it will be nice to see nate back on TV though I loved him on Studio 60.

March 09 2009 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Mike's comment
1iPete

He's currently on United States of Tara on Showtime.

March 09 2009 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply