August 1, 2014

Cold Case and Without a Trace might be goners

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 11th 2009 2:28PM
Cold CaseCiting "multiple sources," Michael Ausiello is reporting that both Cold Case and Without a Trace might be canceled.

The reason? The usual: ratings and money. The sources say that the ratings that each show gets just don't warrant a renewal for another season. But another source says that they might try to convince the stars and staff to take a pay cut so they can do another year.

I can't say I would miss either of these shows. For a while there, Cold Case was a very effective drama, telling some rather interesting stories and using period music to get the emotion across. I never warmed to Without a Trace. It's not a bad show, it's just that I decided to watch it one night and the episode ended with them finding the body of the kid who was missing the whole episode. What a downer. So I didn't watch it again.

Will you miss either of these shows?
I'll miss Cold Case177 (27.3%)
I'll miss Without A Trace129 (19.9%)
I'll miss both228 (35.2%)
I won't miss either, they've been on long enough114 (17.6%)

Jane Kammer

I think Cold Case suffers because of all the sporting events that run too long. Regular shows are pushed back as much as an hour. I don't want to guess as to when the show will begin.

April 17 2009 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

Cold Case please keep..... one of my weekly dramas that can't do without. Save the show............

April 17 2009 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tammy

I am not much on comedy and I love the mystery show. I would deeply miss these to shows if they are canceled. I don't watch CSI LV much since Grissom left the show.

April 17 2009 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sl

"Cold Case" is FABULOUS - how can that even be CONSDIDERED for the chopping block! It is well written, professional and most interesting, scientifically! There's plenty else that should go before "Cold Case"!!

April 17 2009 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alexandra

I was never able to enjoy "Cold Case" that much. This might seem petty, but I hated that they had to portray scenes in black and white, even though I suppose it was necessary for viewers to distinguish between the past and present. Now, "Without A Trace" has potential to stay...if some changes are made.

March 23 2009 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dkny

I love cold case but the music hasn't been as good lately - I honestly used to watch without a trace to help me fall asleep during a rough insomnia patch a few years back

March 12 2009 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

While we're at it, can we get rid of Criminal Minds and the non-Vegas CSI's too?

March 11 2009 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Andy's comment
Chris

Whoa now!!! Don't jinx Criminal Minds, its a good show.

March 11 2009 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ginnee

Yes, get rid of CSI:Miami..yuck. I kinda like ColdCase but it has just a tad tooooo many twists and turns sometimes. WaT Jack Malone just isn't very likable, so less of him would be good.

March 11 2009 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

I never got into either show although they are my favorite type of show. For me, the characters were just not interesting enough.

On CC, I like the older cases too. The 1990's and 2000's are just not that old.
On WaT, I really don't like any of the main characters and I have the opposite reaction to the cases-there are too many happy endings (found persons). It is also too unrealistic, they start searching within hours of someone missing, even adults?

March 11 2009 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

I like 'em both but wouldn't miss them if they finished up.

I would, however, miss Cold Case's ability to piss off the American Taliban on a weekly basis by empowering female characters, acknowledging that gays and lesbians have always been a part of society, and always a target of violence, and solving crimes that reveal the cruelty and domestic abuse and oppression that existed (and still exists) underneath the facade of the "Good Old Days" that they want us all to return to....

etc.

I could ride that LOLercoaster all day....

March 11 2009 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

I love both shows - Without a Trace has had a rough few years, but it's really getting better about balancing good cases with character development this season, and Cold Case still brings unique, quality, compelling stories for me every week. I'll be upset if either one goes, but I especially think that CC has more to give.

March 11 2009 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply