November 28, 2014

The Parents Television Council doesn't like Family Guy (duh) - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 11th 2009 1:00PM
Family GuyThe Parents Television Council has added FOX's Family Guy to the list of shows it's going after.

They are filing another complaint with the FCC, this time over last Sunday's episode of the cartoon that featured (from the PTC complaint) "bestiality, orgies, and babies eating sperm." By sheer coincidence, this was the same plot as the latest episode of The Hills.

Actually, I was kinda shocked by the episode myself, but I'm always shocked by episodes of Family Guy. That's what makes it funny.

Just the other night I was watching a repeat where Stewie imagined visiting Jesus and seeing Jesus bathing in a large bucket, and Jesus turns around and washes himself off with the sponge and soapy water. I thought that was just as shocking as this most recent episode, which showed a newly gay Peter (don't ask) having sex with 11 guys, Stewie eating horse sperm, and the same horse licking Peter's rear end (Peter thought it was Lois).

They always say that animated shows like The Simpsons and South Park and even The Flintstones are more for an adult audience than children. Nah. Family Guy is the cartoon for adult audiences. I think sometimes the PTC and other organizations think that just because a show is animated that it means it's for kids.

Todd Carter

No, I don't think The PTC think these shows are for kids. I respect the PTC, because they understand that the producers of these shows-I believe-have somewhat of a nefarious understanding- that children will be attracted to the prophane animation.

January 24 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VlogHog

Unless professional big mouths like Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity get involved, don't expect much to come of these complaints.

It's not a hot topic on news talk radio or the 24 hour cable stations.

March 11 2009 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VlogHog

This episode of Family Guy wasn't that funny and I'm a fan who understands that you can't hit it out the park most of the time.

Still, If you want to control what FOX or Seth MacFarlane does, you have the power.

Don't let your kids watch the show or any television. If you can't be parents, don't have any kids.

Being a parent is a job. You have to be the biggest influence on your child. Not Seth MacFarlane, Bill O'Reilly or Hanna Montana.

It has nothing to do with being an American or being a prude. Some people don't want their children watching tv shows or cartoon clearly aimed at adults.

Let the kids be kids.

March 11 2009 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to VlogHog's comment
ChrisG

That's why I don't like these discussions about 'this show should be on only after 9PM or even better after 10PM'... Children shouldn't have unrestricted/unsupervised access to the TV. Period. When parents do their job right, it generally doesn't matter WHEN something is on, because they control what kind of TV their kids watch, if any at all.

March 11 2009 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WarT0rn

Hate me. But I've always been shocked it's still running. I just don't find it funny. It's probably cuz I'm a South Park fan and they hate it. lol

March 11 2009 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Rocketboy: I've often thought of the same thing, especially with Two and a Half Men and Will and Grace, which are on at 7 or even before. I don't think they thought of the content when they made the syndication deals. They really should be on later, I agree.

March 11 2009 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bob Sassone's comment
ChrisG

Americans are such prudes sometimes, it's laughable really... 'Two and a Half Men' and 'Will and Grace' were shown here in Germany on Saturday at 1 PM for years and nobody ever complained...

I bet the PTC would drop dead in shock if they saw the line-up for next Saturday's program here in Germany:

[...]
12:25 PM Family Guy
12:50 PM Futurama
13:15 PM Malcom in the Middle
14:10 PM Two and a Half Man
14:40 PM How I Met Your Mother
15:10 PM Scrubs
[...]

Take that you prudes... ;-)

March 11 2009 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rocketboy_X

Come on, I'm not prude, but I was rather appaled that it's being run as early as it is in syndication. It really should be in that after 10pm time slot.

March 11 2009 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Rocketboy_X's comment
bruce

"Parents TV Council" is two Christian men sitting in a room giving each other handjobs as they talk about how gays are evil, as they spam the networks with fake letters and emails whining about TV shows they don't like because they're too stupid to understand. Yes, they're too dumb to understand Family Guy - quite sad.

Since the religious people will NEVER shut the fuck up, the networks need to have a policy to ignore ALL complaint communication from religious people. The opinions of the religious are ipso facto irrational and baseless, and should carry absolutely no weight no matter how many letters they write.

These two homos (I mean that descriptively, not maliciously) at the PTVC sent out hundreds of thousands of fake letters from fake people ("astroturfing") complaining about the "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl a few years ago. In reality, you could count the actual, legitimate complaint letters written about this on both hands. Yet nobody ever calls them out for doing this crap. I wish secular groups had the same level of unethical behavior so they could compete with these jackfucks.

Religion is like pubic hair - keep it to yourself. Freedom of religion means you can pray to whatever you want; it does not give you the right to force your wacky morality on anyone else, whether through direct proselytizing or third-party complaints.

March 11 2009 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bruce's comment
MIke

TESTIFY, BROTHA

March 13 2009 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

The PTC are a morally-bankrupt, hysterical corporation who deserve to be mocked and pillaged. There really is nothing nice to say about them.

March 11 2009 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

F Parents Television Council.

Apparently, they aren't too happy with Two and a Half Men either. They are pressuring Apple to quit advertising on the show, according to Chuck Lorre's website

March 11 2009 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fabrice

Really ? More shocking than that (hilarious) 'McCain * Palin pin on a Nazi suit' joke ?
This is what makes Family Guy a fun show. Pushing the limits of what's allowed and what's not. To be fair, i noticed recently that the Simpson's themselves were using some racier jokes that i would have expected in Family Guy... ( 'Death Penalty depends on states and races' Homer says) So much for Simpson's creator complaining FG is a ripoff i guess ;-)
Totally agree with you, though,,, People needs to start thinking that cartoons are not ONLY for kids. The PTC should know better. But the problem isn't only from their part. Adults also tend to think that cartoons are for kids and let them watch anything.
This has been a widespread problem specifically with Japanese anime and that has given the whole industry a bad reputation a slow rate of introduction into the US market.

March 11 2009 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply