October 22, 2014

Death is coming to Chuck, Lost, Ugly Betty, Law and Order: SVU, other shows

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 16th 2009 5:29PM
ChuckMichael Ausiello is the harbinger of death.

OK, to be more specific, he's the guy to go to if you want to know how many people are going to die at the end of the season on your favorite show. He's not naming any names (if he knows them), but we can probably make some sort of guess for each one.

We've already discussed the death coming up on Heroes, but now it looks like three people are going to die on the show. Two of them will stay dead, and one is a fake out. I would guess that Danko is one of the people who is going to die (I don't see Zeljko Ivanek coming back to the show next season), but I'm not sure who the other one will be. I'm sure Tracy is involved, though I'm not sure if she will stay dead, come back to life, or split into another personality or whatever.

The numbers for the other shows? Chuck: 1 (and it's supposed to be shocking - probably not Chuck himself or they'll have to change the name of the show), Law and Order: SVU: 1, Ugly Betty: 1, Big Love: 1, Supernatural: 1, Lost: 2, Ghost Whisperer: 1, Prison Break: 2, 24: 2, Smallville: 2, CSI: NY: 1, and Desperate Housewives: 1.

Place your bets now.

Dave

On CHUCK, it's definitley gonna be Awesome who takes a bullet for Ellie.

May 01 2009 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carl

What do you mean cancelling CHUCK. Just like the stupid People in charge. You get a good show on and then they Cancel it and these are the people in charge making big money. Yep stupid is as stupid does. I for one will not watch that channel any more. Sorry Chuck i like the program. Die hard CHUCK fan

May 01 2009 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

I'll bet SVU doesn't get cancelled, but I bet they put it in a better time slot.

May 01 2009 at 7:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ofcrripley

At first I agreed with you guys and thought Dad, Awesome, and Ellie were at the top of the list. However, what would be the most shocking game-changer of all? Chuck! Kill him, have everyone mourning and devastated, and then in the last scene, have him being brought back to life the same way they brought back Bryce. Fulcrum did it before when they thought Bryce had the Intersect. And for good measure, I'd have him wake up with a shocked look on his face, stare at an unseen woman, and say, "Mom?" And while I'm on a roll, let's go ahead and get Lynda Carter or some such genre actress lined up for next season in case we get a third!

April 21 2009 at 10:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Purplespice

My first thought is that it would be Chuck's dad. If he lives then Chuck would get the intersect out and the show would end. I don't believe Chuck (the show) would survive Sarah's death. It would have to become a different type of show if that happened because it would drastically change Chuck (the character). I can see two directions it could go; one being that he's so upset he runs away from being the intersect, with Casey chasing him; or he would become somewhat like Casey in hunting down whoever killed Sarah.
It would be something if it were Casey, it's unexpected, and it would give Chuck and Sarah some alone time finally. Maybe that would help their relationship along. I get board waiting for anything to happen between them.
If it's Ellie...wow, that would just be too sad for a comedy type show I think....it would change Chuck's character too. If it's Awesome then...poor Ellie.
I would hope it would be that annoying assistant manager guy who I don't bother to remember his name because he's so icky. He needs to get shot.....why didn't Morgan come clean when he realized what a ...nasty guy he is.??
Anyway, I don't see how it wouldn't be shocking for any Character to be gone since it doesn't really happen like that in this show. What makes most sence would be his Father, for the sake of the show - in that respect it wouldn't be as shocking. And to loose Sarah would be the most shocking, the thought of them not together....it's just not right.

April 17 2009 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Purplespice's comment
Cathy from Ohio

Your comments make the most sense to me. All the main characters are essential. My hope is that whatever they decide to do , Chuck will go on and on. Look forward to seeing it each week..

April 18 2009 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

Heard rumors that there will be a death in House at season's end. Hoping it will be 13.

As for SVU, please be the new lawyer. I stopped watching SVU because of her.

For Smallville, I think Tess Mercer will be done and perhaps Chloe fakes her death again and joins Oliver Queen.

March 23 2009 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I guess for now I'll say Molly is the one who's going to die on "Ugly Betty," although a part of me also suspects there's some kind of fake-out going on with her -- i.e., her whole "dying of a disease" thing is some kind of sham she's pulling because she's in cahoots with the former BF who stole all of Mode's money (because I'm not totally convinced yet that we've seen the last of him). But whether she's really dying or not, I'll just be glad when the storyline is done because she and Daniel tend to bring the whole show to a dead stop (no pun intended) whenever they are onscreen with their boring, sappy relationship.

March 18 2009 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JEREMY

Nicolette Sheridan has already said she's leaving "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES" this season,so you can rest assured we'll see the last of Edie Britt(SPOILER ALERT:she'll make some discovery about her new husband,which will make him snap and kill her).

March 17 2009 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lou.dalmaso

#2 You said "up chuck and dies..." heh, heh..

My call is that if anybody dies on Chuck, (who isn't brought in just for the purpose of being a shocking death - I'm looking at you, Chuck's Dad) It would have to be Awesome.

The buy more subplot is fun, but ultimately not critical to the story (outside of Morgan) so they would have to pull somebody from the serious sides - spying or family.

If it were Ellie then there would be no real need for Chuck to stay undercover and no reason to keep Awesome on either. He could walk away from the "Buy More" tomorrow if he wanted to go spy full time.

If Awesome were to bite the bullet, it would open up more story possibilities for Ellie both comedic with Morgan and serious to the point of bringing her in on Chuck's secret. (how many times could they have used a doctor to patch a bullet wound?)

March 17 2009 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

Crap... Its Mike Ausiello??? I always thought it was Kara Thrace. I guess she's off the hook.

March 17 2009 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dorv's comment
L'Emmerdeur

Nope, Dorv, you had it right: Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death for the human race, and Mike Ausiello is the harbinger of death for network TV (they work in the same department).

March 17 2009 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply