November 26, 2014

Mick St. John is back, and he's a doctor

by Mike Moody, posted Mar 17th 2009 3:29PM
Alex O'LoughlinVampires don't die, they just move on to crime procedurals and medical shows. Angel's David Boreanaz is solving murders on Bones, and CBS is in negotiations with Moonlight's Alex O'Loughlin to star in a medical drama pilot called Three Rivers. O'Loughlin will play a doctor who heads up a team of organ donor transplant specialists.

In an effort to stand out from all the other medical shows clogging up the tube, Three Rivers will focus on organ transplants as seen through the eyes of the donors, doctors and recipients. Carol Barbee (Jericho) is scripting the pilot and filmmaker Curtis Hanson (8 Mile) is executive producer.

O'Loughlin's character, Dr. Andy Yablonski, is described as a "workaholic" who is separated form his wife and spends his nights sleeping in a hotel. Sounds like he doesn't have half of Mick St. John's baggage, but the premise sounds intriguing. I'd much rather watch O'Loughlin hunting vampire baddies with Sophia Myles and Jason Dohring, like he did during Moonlight's one-season run, but I'll give Three Rivers a shot if it makes it to series. Anyone else on board?

femi820

if ALEX is involved nothing can go wrrong

May 18 2011 at 7:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christina

ALEX O LOUGHLIN I LUV U AND UR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!

June 12 2009 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Natalie

I will watch Three Rivers just for Alex. He will be the best thing on tv as he was in Moonlight. Such a brilliant actor, I know that he will be great. I don't know about Julia Ormond in the cast. I don't really like her too much. Who else is in the cast?

May 20 2009 at 1:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Radiant

This is fantastic news. I hope and pray that CBS approves Three Rivers with Alex O'Loughlin as the lead for this new fall season. I really missed not watching Alex on my weekly television screen.

May 02 2009 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandy

I'm thrilled that Alex is getting a shot at a new show. I really hope it gets a pick up as I've missed seeing him on TV. I could definitely stand to see him as a surgeon too. This sounds like my kind of show, but I have to admit when it comes to Alex, I'm not fussy.

March 20 2009 at 6:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Silvechex

Alex O'Loughlin? You bet I'll watch! I still miss Moonlight but I'm going to be watching Alex wherever he goes. Great actor... Don't miss his guest starring role on Criminal Minds April 29th...

March 18 2009 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caro

I am more than ready to see Alex O'Loughlin back on TV. He is a gifted actor who has much to offer. Can't wait to see what he brings to a new character.....one that I"m sure we will fall in love with like we did Mick St John! Bring it on Alex! We're more than ready for you!

March 18 2009 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Well, a part of me will always miss Moonlight and secretly wish that it would return but also believe that Alex O'Loughlin is a very talented actor and will give the pilot a chance. Though I am still protesting CBS by not watching anything on that channel it will be difficult not to check out Alex. (though that is what Nina Tassler is counting on) Plus, I am originally from the Pittsburgh area so that will be a plus for me.

March 18 2009 at 9:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I will. As a transplant receiver myself, I'll be interested in seeing if the show is done well. I was a Moonlight fan, also.

March 18 2009 at 2:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crammond

On board? You bet! I'm ready and willing to cruise the "Three Rivers" with Alex and cast! TV could needs a character-driven and emotionally-engaged show. Bring it on, Alex

March 18 2009 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply