April 24, 2014

It's worse news for Worst Week as star moves on, sort of

by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 18th 2009 4:26PM
Kyle Bornheimer in While I've not seen official word that CBS's Worst Week has been canceled, it doesn't look like its star has much faith, as he's been cast in a new comedy pilot. ABC has tapped Kyle Bornheimer to star opposite Alyssa Milano and Eric Christian Olsen in a new comedy from Family Guy writer Ricky Blitt. Now that's no Seth MacFarlane, but it is one of the manatees on his team. And it has Alyssa Milano and we haven't fallen out of love with her yet, so I'd say it has a good chance of not being total crap and maybe even making it onto my TV screen.

I thought Bornheimer was pretty funny in Worst Week as the unluckiest bumbling fool on television in a long time. The rest of the show, however, kind of got boring for me after a few weeks. The article says that Bornheimer would stick with Worst Week if it's renewed, but you know he's rooting for it to die. Ratings weren't great and this pilot has him playing second banana to lead Olsen (Brothers & Sisters), which I see fitting his manic energy well. And did I mention Alyssa Milano?

Torton

Worst week was the best new comedy on TV!!! They are idiots to cancel this refreshing and original conceptual program of a million gut wrenching roll on the floor laughs.

But then NBC canceled the top hit on Thursday, My Name Is Earl. They had an amazing cast and this was another purely stupid move by the networks.

June 07 2009 at 1:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

I think Worse Week was the funnist show that has ever
been on T.V. I just looked forward to having a good laugh on Monday evenings. I laughed so much at a couple of shows that my sides hurt. I knew a good show like that would not stay on T.V. Now days people think if it is not about sex or murders it is no good. It ranked up there with the movie "The Money Pit".

April 09 2009 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I think I was in the very small minority of Tv Squad readers who actually liked "Worst Week", based on the negative comments it seemed to get on various postings. I just thought it was good fun, without being vulgar or mean-spirited. But, having said that, I also couldn't see it going on for more than a couple of seasons. It reminded me of that sit-com "Big Day" that was on a few seasons back, about a wedding day that was one disaster after another.

March 19 2009 at 2:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Stewart

This show was much better than I thought it would be, though in concept it did seem like a one season type of show. I don't see it being renewed, but if it I would definitely watch it.

March 18 2009 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

I can't believe the show made it this long... I couldn't even make it through the first episode of this drivel.

March 18 2009 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bob's comment
Deezul

Yeah! Someone who agrees with me. The moment after he pissed on the bird in the first episode and wasn't thrown out of the house, I was done.

March 19 2009 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply