July 28, 2014

The Nine, Smith, and Eyes coming back to TV

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 24th 2009 1:01PM
EyesSometimes a short-lived show will vanish from the schedule and you'll have to wait until the DVD comes out (maybe). Other shows show up on some cable network and are run for a while but then go away forever. These three shows were so short-lived you didn't think you'd see them anywhere ever again. But DirecTV has other ideas.

The company is going to start showing three short-lived shows again: ABC's Eyes and The Nine and CBS' Smith. Specifically, they've made a deal with Warner Brothers to show the three shows on their 101 Network and DirecTV on Demand. They'll be shown in HD, unedited, and episodes you've never seen before will be part of the package too (Eyes has seven unseen episodes, while The Nine and Smith each have four).

The one I'd love to see again? It's not The Nine, which was a fine show but I just don't miss that much. It's not Smith, which had an expensive pilot episode but then feel apart. No, the one I loved was Eyes, the short-lived Tim Daly drama about the goings-on at an elite investigation firm. I reviewed the show here when it was on ABC a few years ago and it's a show I miss more than even Arrested Development.

Les

Cool! I didn't watch Smith when it was originally on, but after watching Eli Stone religiously I've become a big fan of Jonny Lee Miller. He was on that show, so I definitely want to catch it this time around.

March 25 2009 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cherries

And I want to see the return of "Cane". Really ticked me off when they cancelled it. I miss seeing Jimmy Smits.

March 24 2009 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hiram

I agree, Eyes was a great show, I'm looking forward to seeing how the season ends...

March 24 2009 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nathan

I was a fan of all 3!! Too bad I don't have DirectTV :-(

March 24 2009 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kel

"it's a show I miss more than even Arrested Development"
Let's not go overboard.

Ahhhh! Crushed twice, once by the initial cancellation and now by your headline. I was able to track down 7/8 (by my count) of the unaired episodes so either I've seen them all or there is only 1 that is new to me.

March 24 2009 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

I couldn't agree more with Bob Sassone, Eyes was an incredible show. The perfect show for Tim Daly. Quick witted, interesting, fine cast. This could have been a great show if it was given the chance.

March 24 2009 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply