July 24, 2014

Friday Night Lights will be back ... for TWO more seasons

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 26th 2009 12:07PM
Friday Night LightsFans of Friday Night Lights who have been freaking out about the possibility that the show wasn't going to come back for another season can relax: the show is actually coming back for two more seasons.

To be precise, they're two 13-episode seasons. But that's a lot better than what the news was looking like just a few weeks ago. Michael Ausiello reports that the news will be announced "any day now." It confirms news that he broke a couple of weeks ago.

Two cast members are leaving the show (Minka Kelly and Adrienne Palicki), but they will appear next season to wrap up their storylines. Other cast members and directors are working on new pilots and it's not known right now if they are gone for good or will be back. But you still have Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton!

The show will again be shown on DirecTV first, and then the episodes will be shown later on NBC.

[Thanks to Maryellen for the tip]

Jennifer Abney

FNL is a show that I look forward to all week! I am bummed that we have to wait for it to complete a season on Direct TV before normal cable gets to view the season. That is so disappointing. The show is fantastic, and shows the good in people. It always leaves me with such a sense of peace. Not many shows can do that. I can't wait for the new story lines!!

April 13 2009 at 6:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ChristopherAnn

I agree that it's probably going to be very tempting for the writers to mess with the Taylor's marriage. But that would be very lazy and obvious writing, so I hope they resist the urge. To me, one of the best things about the show is that they have a rock-solid relationship, while all this chaos whirls around them.

And I am really going to miss Tyra. Not only is Adrianne a very watchable actress - her character is one of the most interesting on the show.

April 11 2009 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

Um, excuse me, but BOTH Tyra and Lila are leaving the show. I certainly hope they have proper replacements for those lovely ladies.

March 29 2009 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

This is good news, I'm glad to see NBC and now Direct TV appreciate the kind of show they have. I remember season 1 there was worry that it wouldn't finish the season because of ratings and now we have 2 more seasons. I'm glad I didn't give in to temptation and watch the episodes online last year and waited for NBC.

March 27 2009 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

Well BDUB perhaps you should have read the article for more than 5 minutes because you might have saw that this is not a done deal no matter who it's reported by. I love TV Squad but this article doesn't state that it's a done deal but the headline does. Both are misleading.

BDUB said...
BTW who really cares if it is Ausiello's material? Not all of us are internerds who are online all day. I read this blog when I get five free minutes and not Ausiello's so I appreciate TVSquad letting me in on this joyous news.

March 27 2009 at 8:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

Too bad. 3 seasons and it's worn. What are we going to get next season? More of JD and his plastic-surgery loving mommy?

March 26 2009 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben Watson

March 26 2009 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben Watson

What a good day! This makes my spring break! I will be sad to see Lyla go but oh well, at least we get more FNL. This is my favorite show on TV. My only fear is that with two more seasons they will mess with the Taylors marriage and I don't know if I can take that:)

March 26 2009 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy

There is literally nothing here that wasn't mentioned in Ausiello's blog. How is that journalism?

March 26 2009 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply