October 24, 2014

Buy some of Willie Aames' stuff

by Brad Trechak, posted Mar 27th 2009 10:09AM
Willie AamesWillie Aames has had it tough as of recent. After his time as a celebrity (including high-profile roles on Eight is Enough, Charles in Charge and the voice of Hank in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon), he then spent some time as BibleMan (and if you ever saw BibleMan, you'd understand why that was a bad thing), had an argument with his trainer on Celebrity Fit Club, and tried to commit suicide after his wife left him. Now he's apparently selling some of his possessions in a garage sale in suburban Kansas City.

Why do I have the feeling that this is going to lead to him being on another reality television show like his Charles in Charge co-star, Scott Baio? They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I have to wonder.

The article lists some of the items he's selling, but it neglects to specifically mention the autographed picture of Scott Baio, the magic bow that shoots fire-arrows and the magic Bible.

paula

when you are type-cast as a japanese terroist for all those years its hard to get parts period !! this i know!! because i was type-cast as a troll-doll terriost!! i did one third of a movie, well one of one third ,whick really boils down to to one half of one third!! good luck joey!!

March 28 2009 at 2:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paula

who!!!

March 28 2009 at 2:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paula

you know i really feel for him!! i was once a child star my self,,my parents took all of my money, cars , and even my dog, but i forgave them,once i finally became to old i was fired just like that !! hollywood can be a terrible place when you are young!! they use you like a piece of toliet paper then flush you down the drain !! i wish joey ames the best of luck!!

March 28 2009 at 2:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cordelia

My little boy loves to watch Bibleman on Saturday mornings and looks up to him. Willie, you have had a wonderful way of reaching children and showing them the Goodness of God through that show. You are in my heart and prayers. As we all are going through something right now, always remember God's Love is Unconditional. If you trust Him, He will bring you and us all through the tough times. We believe in you, Willie don't give up!

March 28 2009 at 1:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

Im 44 and I remember watching him on Eight is Enough, and it breaks my heart to know this has happened to him, and alot of them in the industry it has happened to, Leif Garrett he never got over what happened to his best friend with the car accident as a teenager and the drugs and alcohol... You still have fans out here to all the 70's Superstars I watched growing up, One Day at a Time, Mackenzie Phillips she went down hill too, alot...Were here for you as supporting fans, Willie....

March 27 2009 at 11:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
randy

willie dont turn away from the lord!!!!

March 27 2009 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leeds

I feel so sad for Willie. Putting all of the child actor blah blah blah aside, first he is a wonderful human being, going through a really tough time. My heart goes out to you.

March 27 2009 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Blosser

Have some compassion, dickweed.

March 27 2009 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rassi

Sounds kinda like when Screech from "Saved by the Bell" was selling t-shirts to save his house in Wisconsin from foreclosure...

March 27 2009 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

Part of me wonders if I should feel bad for former child celebrities. For the most part, they're taught to appear cute and ride the wave, with the assumption their attractiveness and social appeal will continue for generations (or, at least, bit parts). And,they aren't told to consider education like the rest of us. However, some such as Miyam Balik and Emmanual Lewis realized they should go to school and get an education, which has served them well.

Although we have Brooke Shields and Christina Ricci who overcame child-actor syndrome and were able to parlay their experiences into successful careers, I'm still always shocked whenever I hear about early 80s/90s actors such as Hobie on Baywatch and Willie Aames, who are still having difficulties.

March 27 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply