April 23, 2014

Alyson Hannigan gives birth to daughter, loses 'pregnancy brain' - VIDEO

by Mike Moody, posted Mar 31st 2009 1:06PM
hannigan denisof babyWho says TV can't change people's lives? How I Met Your Mother star Alyson Hannigan and husband Alexis Denisof, who met on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, welcomed a baby girl into the world last week.

Satyana Denisof was born March 24, which also happens to be Hannigan's b-day (weird how that happens, huh?).

Here's some more weirdness: During her pregnancy, Hannigan appeared on Ellen DeGeneres' show and talked about having "pregnancy brain," aka short-term memory loss associated with pregnancy. Here's how she described it:

"I sort of feel like a Koala bear where I'm slightly stoned all the time and say the wrong word."

Nice. I can't wait until my wife gets pregnant and starts acting like a stoned Koala bear with a craving for pickles and ice cream.

Congratulations to the happy couple. That's bound to be one cute baby. Now lets see her in an E-Trade commercial, already!

NothingKnew

Anyone else notice that Alyson Hannigan was on Twitter on March 27th and this article states she had given birth on March 24? Not that she couldn't twitter after giving birth but her tweets all seemed to indicate she was still pregnant.

Now her account is gone. So either there was a problem with the timeline and the baby wasn't really born March 24 or someone was doing a fake Alyson Hannigan.

I vote for #2. But why are people faking celebrities on Twitter? They always get found out and taken down. It's stupid.

Oh yeah, congrats Ms. Hannigan. Those first few months of sleepless night are a real joy.

March 31 2009 at 10:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

haha! I just had a baby and I think I know exactly what she means about being like a stoned koala bear and saying the wrong words. I totally get it.

March 31 2009 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

OK, the first time I saw Satyana I thought it read Satana.

March 31 2009 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jimmy's comment
Franklin

LOL, I thought at first the baby's name was "Santana".

March 31 2009 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore2000

So did I. It's actually a spelling illusion. Often our brains usually glance over words, because most of them are so familiar by the letter composition and length, which let's us "guess" what the word is, instead of actually reading it completely.

March 31 2009 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

It's not illegal to see Alyson Hannigan naked on TV. Remember that.

March 31 2009 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

What strange synchronicity there is in this world. As we say good-bye to Andy we welcome Alyson's and Alexis's daugther into this world. There is a kind of odd beauty in that I suppose. I can just read the comments now. Another wacky celebritiy first name. Congradulations Alyson and Alexis. When will Whedon put her to work?

March 31 2009 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to divineparasite's comment
Joey Geraci

Andy? Who's that?

March 31 2009 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Franklin

I say put her on "Dollhouse", if it stays on the air. She's a real doll.

March 31 2009 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Couldn't find a creepier photo of her husband?

March 31 2009 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply