September 21, 2014

Here are a few Heroes spoilers, courtesy of Bryan Fuller

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 1st 2009 4:34PM
Cristine RoseSo...is Heroes back? Is it as good as it used to be? Beyond repair? Has it always been good and people are just too picky? Seems like fans (and non-fans) of the show all have opinions.

So does Bryan Fuller. He came back to the show after ABC canceled Pushing Daisies, and while I have always liked the Heroes, you can tell that the show has turned a corner in the past couple of episodes. The pace isn't break-neck anymore, the time traveling stuff has calmed down, and the storytelling is tighter. Fuller is interviewed over at SciFiWire, and he talks about how he, as a fan, was frustrated with the way the show was going. He also drops a few spoilers for fans and explains his plans for what's in store for the last episodes of the season.

Probably the biggest spoiler that Fuller unveils is this: Tracy is still alive! Yes, we might have seen her freeze and shatter into a million pieces, but Fullers says she's coming back this season "in a big way." And no, thankfully, that won't involve Ali Larter coming back as yet the other cloned sister Barbara. Fuller says they're not going there.

He also clears up something that fans have been discussing this week, about whether or not Tracy was winking after she died. It actually was a blink and a tear, not a wink. I guess the special effects and camera angle weren't the best and everyone thought she was winking, which meant she was still alive. She's still alive, but that was just a blink. Got it? Good.

Fuller also says they're going to show Angela Petrelli in 1961 and what happened to make her the way she is and why she does the things that she does. And Sylar is going to screw with Noah in a big way. One thing I'm curious about: if I remember correctly, wasn't there a first season episode where we saw an alternate future, where Sylar was disguised as Nathan and became the President? I wonder if Sylar's recently acquired power of morphing into anyone means that they're going to revisit that plot (and if I'm remembering that wrong, let me know in the comments - as if I have to tell you that!)

Jason

Thanks Jason, was about to say that same thing (and you already have my name!). I was ecstatic that she was dead. Now that's being ruined for me? Val: How is a person being shattered into a billion pieces after being frozen and actually being dead the side of that scenario that is UNBELIEVABLE? Serious. Lame.

April 06 2009 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

First off, how oblivious are most people that you didn't see the blink/tear. Maybe it's a SDTV thing.

Second, they're seriously going to bring her back? If she melts together and reforms like the T-1000, "Jesus Christ" followed by the worlds largest eyeroll covers it.

April 02 2009 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M-D

If memory serves, the ability Syler used in the alternate future to impersonate Nathan would have been stolen from Candice (Missy Peregrym's character), and was more 'perception alteration' than it was strict 'shapeshifting'.

April 01 2009 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TMZ

"I still don't get who the hell Jessica was then..."

Jessica was a sister of Nikki's, but not one of the triplets.

April 01 2009 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mvdelaney77

I still don't get who the hell Jessica was then...

April 01 2009 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ricky19

dont mean to correct you but niki/tracy/babara were triplets not clones. but im looking forward to tracy's return, hope she doesn't die.

April 01 2009 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

I knew Ice Queen was going to return..forget the winking/blinking ( i thought it was a blink myself) her willingness to sacrifice herself for Micah wasn't consistent with her character's personality. There had to be an out for her to do something so extreme. If she was truly dead it wouldn't be believable.

I will admit the show has gotten better the last couple of weeks. I'm rooting for you heroes Ive been with you from the beginning!

April 01 2009 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
clgbutterfly

Your not remembering the Nathan/Sylar thing wrong. It did happen, but back then people assumed he was using the other girls "morphing" ability. I thought the same thing you did.

April 01 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply