August 30, 2014

Did Trump go off his rocker on last night's Celebrity Apprentice?

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 6th 2009 4:26PM
The ApprenticeI admit it, I've been watching The Celebrity Apprentice and I have been entertained by every minute of it. Yes, it doesn't take much to amuse me on Sunday nights, as you can see, but those of you who do watch the show must agree that this season's crop brings the drama!

The cast may not include Omarosa and Piers, last season's winner, but Dennis Rodman, Clint Black, Annie Duke, Joan and Melissa Rivers stepped up to the drama plate.

Warning! If you haven't watched last night's episode yet, stop reading this post now and come back once you've watched it because I know you'll want some place to discuss the boardroom drama.

Let's get right to it, shall we? I understand why Trump decided to have both teams lose the task but I was infuriated when he decided to fire Tionne because she pulled a "Bradford Cohen" by offering to come to the boardroom to support Melissa. Tionne is one of the best contestant and he fired her minutes after reminding everyone how good a job she did!!! I guess he thought he had no choice to do so since he did it to Bradford...

What I really don't get is the firing of Khloe Kardashian. Her DUI happened almost a year ago, so it's inconceivable that Trump, or at least the producers, didn't know about it. As Jean Bentley from Entertainment Weekly wrote up in her recap of last night's episode, she "spent time in jail, and is taking court-ordered alcohol education classes. [...] What else was this girl supposed to do? She served her time, apologized, and seems intent on never doing something so stupid again." I couldn't have said it better than Jean did.

I understand why Trump decided to fire her but I don't agree with the way he did it especially since it had nothing to do with the task. What would Trump have done if Clint hadn't brought Khloe in? Would he have let her stay another week or would he have brought her in to fire her because of the DUI?

What especially made me angry is that both firings had NOTHING to do with the task. I would have been more satisfied with three or four firings if Trump really needed to get rid of Khloe and Tionne. After having fired Tionne for pulling a Bradford and telling Khloe she had to go home because of her DUI, Trump could have fired people BASED on their performance.

First in line: Clint Black, since he was a terrible project manager and his team could have won the task if he had listened and used them. I probably wouldn't have fired Melissa even if her team lost as well because she was a good project manager; however, I would have reminded her to listen to the task descriptions really well and try to match all the criteria mentioned by the client.

Morgan

I live in the Southeast so I viewed the finale two hours ago and I am still trippin. Correct me if I am wrong but Trump's show has always lived by the motto "It's not personal, it's just business," and yet he let this old bag insult Annie Duke over and over again on national television. He let her and her bag face daughter throw tyrates like they where female versions of Benjamin Button. Originally, Annie came off a little ruff because she wasn't playing politics; she told people what she expected and how she wanted things done. But as the show progress I think everyone respected her and her ability to get things done and the bottom line is that those are the people that are succesful in business and, let's face it, LIFE. Bill Cosby was slammed because he dropped the politics and spoke the truth about ghetto mom's getting their priorities straight with raising their children and he caught hell. Sometimes you have to drop the politics and just say what needs to be said to get the job done. Annie did everything that was expected of her and yet Donald Trump decided early on that he would not make a decision that could shake the hollywood relic community. Donald Trump has been successful due mostly to his ability to be a shrued business man and yet he has taken the basic premise of the show in the direction of re-runs of Real World.

May 10 2009 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sales

Donald is Donald and he has an empire because he will continually turn the table on any one who show weakness.

Certainly, others have made the same mistake and he's forgiven and come to the table to say give them another chance.

However, who can you really call them self a professional and put them self in a situation in which they need to be forgiven or another chance, when you demonstrate weakness. Personally or Professionally! In my opinion you've been lucky enough to keep dodging the bullet. Then when your called on the carpet, it's blamed on someone else.

It's apparent the time will come when your weakness will "GET YOU FIRED".... If your the real deal there is no need to be forgiven or worry that your actions will haunt you!
It is apparent that Donald can spot leadership and weakness immediately. He is calling the shots so basically avoid the fear and complaining that he did not cut you any slack and get your life together.

I am amazed at the lack of leadership by the players! It appears to me by this stage in the game they would start to run their projects like the professionals they profess to be. I'm amazed by the lack of organizational skills and the inability to communicate with a group of peers in a positive, productive manner. Every week the drama and the ego's make me laugh! I love it when he says your fired! GO D

April 25 2009 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
larry ziegler

Look out Hershel, you will be the next to be fired by the RACIST Mr. Trump. First the 2 guys with handicaps go, then the minorities are next. Chloe doesn't count, she was a waste of tv time. It is sad.

April 13 2009 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

I always thought big headed Trump was full of himself tonight 04/05/09 he proved it. You fired Khloe because she made a mistake. (DUI) Clint did a terrible job he should have been fired. Trump you said you have no respect for people that drink and drive but last week you said you respect and love Dennis oh I forgot like you he has someone drive him every where he wants to go. Well I think you went over the line telling your television audience about Khloe's problem. Then you want the model to parade in front of you in the board room. All of your casinos serve free alcohol so they could lose more money for you. I doubt they have someone to drive them home. I guess you don't respect your customers. It was ok to forgive Miss America. Maybe Rosie was right about. Donald you are FIRED I watched my last apprentice show.

April 10 2009 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bradford Fan

Awesome...Finally Trump admits what we knew all along that Bradford would have won that show if he didn't fire him. The guy probably does not mind cause it looks like he is doing alright representing famous people all over the place

April 10 2009 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alli

I was so in shock with that decision about khloe, she didn't deserve to be humiliated. It's like asking someone to come to your house for dinner then reaming them out.
There's something more with him doing that...???? Maybe she wouldn't "date" him or something....?????
I found it SO distasteful, that I'm leaning toward NOT continuing to watch the rest. I used to LOVE Clint, after the "joke" behavior- embarrassing to watch, and he should have been terminated for poor judgement..I'm not so sure how fond of him I am anymore. That whole show was a mess! Clint was an a--, Trump was an a--. I felt so bad for Miss Khloe, and she sat there and took it with her head held high (Good for you girl!!!!). For an educated man, Trump, you were not very respectful. And I assume your not a christian, cause that's NOT how you try to "inspire" someone to take a better path. Not much of a role model now Sir.....

April 08 2009 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tricia

I have watched every Celebrity Apprentice since airing.
Even if I do not always agree with The Donald I can see his point re who he fires.

NOT this time, he must have been on cloud nine, Both project managers were responsible for the lousy commercials, firering someone just because she supports her boss and firering someone because they made a mistake is way out of line.

I am aware of Trumps feelings re drinking and I agree with him but that was NO reason to fire her, it had nothing what so ever to do with the task at hand.

April 08 2009 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Well, first of all, I agree that what Trump did was unfair and stupid, and I agree that the two who went home should not have gone home. I also dislike this show in the way I've begun disliking Hell's Kitchen. Trump and Ramsey don't play by their own rules, and they both seem to be firing people based on who they want gone that week, rather than the game.

But when you think about it, there is a touch of reality here. This country is based on "at-will employment" laws (although the exact laws will from state to state). Meaning, employers generally may fire employees for any reasons, no reasons and even unfair reasons, as long as they are not illegal reasons. (Happened to me a few years back, actually.)

Now, I'm not necessarily saying that the usual work laws apply to Trump's TV show the same way. The contestants, I'm sure, would have signed some sort of contract which included, among other things, that Trump can "trump" his own rules.

What I am saying is that, sometimes you just get fired just because the boss didn't like you that day. So perhaps Trump is there to remind us that life isn't fair. It's just what is.

April 07 2009 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lilly goldbard

If Trump wanted to be so against drinking etc- why didn't he fire
Dennis Rodman weeks ago and Clint was a total idiot! Melissa's team
should have won because if the video was edited down and title
changed it probably would have been fine....Trump is tooooo big for
himself!

Lilly in Hewlett

April 07 2009 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MarcDom7

Here's the problem: Bradford wasn't fired because he volunteered to be in the boardroom. He was fired because he stupidly gave up his right to immunity. Not even Trump remembers what happened on his own damn show.

April 07 2009 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply