October 1, 2014

Will Fox renew Dollhouse or The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

by Mike Moody, posted Apr 7th 2009 2:31PM
terminator the sarah connor chronicles dollhouse Fans of Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles know that both shows are not pulling in the live ratings that make Fox execs happy.

As TSCC approaches the end of its second season (the finale airs April 10) and Dollhouse fails to improve in the ratings, it's time to face an ugly truth: At least one of these shows is probably going bye bye.

Our friends at Airlock Alpha seemed convinced that Fox will renew Dollhouse and dump TSCC. The site claims that lower production costs and good reviews might keep Dollhouse afloat while low ratings coupled with a high licensing fee might sink TSCC.

So will Dollhouse survive while TSCC gets canceled? Or will both shows get yanked?

TV by the Numbers says Dollhouse isn't safe yet. The site claims Fox will not consider renewing the show if it keeps pulling in low ratings among adults 18-49.

I'm not sure what to think at this point. Fox surprised a lot of fans by giving TSCC a full season pickup late last year. While the show's ratings have slipped since its move to Fridays in February, it has been a solid DVR performer. Same goes for Dollhouse.

I'd hate to see either one of these shows get canceled, but I do enjoy one more than the other. I've been a big fan of TSCC since season one. The show delivered a few duds in February, but it's also delivered some of the best and most compelling sci-fi TV of the season. (Watch last week's episode for proof.)

I enjoy Dollhouse, but the show hasn't really come to life the way I hoped it would. I'm more invested in TSCC and its characters – even the ones made out of metal.

Which show do you think might, or should, survive?

Becka

I love Doll House! Please give them another season!

May 08 2009 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KansasJim

Please keep T:SCC! Please?
It is the best television show EVER. I am 51 years old, my son is 14, ans we both live for the show.
I have no choice but to DVR it, since it is on Friday nights, and I work 496 miles from my son and his mother. SO I drive for 7.5 hours after working all day, to spend the weekends with them, and watch T:SCC together! The cinematography (not knowing correct technical term) is spectacular, this show is the BEST thing to bring out the joy of my new, 50-inch plasma HD flat-panel that I have always wanted, and final got, just to watch THIS SHOW on! I watch a few minutes of the dolls on Doll House, but it is too simple for me. Cute, but T:SCC is spellbinding. I still have every episode from Season 2 on the DVR, recorded in HD, and I bought Season 1 from the iTunes store, (not knowing there was no way to burn it onto DVD's that can be watched on TV - GRRR @ Apple). So I watch those ep's on my laptop, but will buy the set on Blu-Ray when I get a unit to play them on!! PLEASE SAVE Sarah Connor, & John, and the OH-SO-WONDERFUL Cameron!!
Smiles, and hoping, yes praying for the return of T:SCC in a viable timeslot! (Not a weekend night, or opposing NFL Football, please!!). THANK YOU, Fox Execs, for reading and (hopefully) considering all of our input!
Why not count DVR viewers? I watch all the ads, (except those for E.D. Treatment or Feminine products)... :)

May 08 2009 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

I really hope Dollhouse survives. You'd think Fox would have learned from Firefly. Any true fan of Joss Whedon knows that his shows pick up even more as they go along. Give him a chance, he's earned that through Buffy, Firefly, and Angel. I've never seen Sarah Connor, so I won't comment on it, but for the fans sake, I hope it's renewed, because I know how awful it is to love a show and have it taken away. CoughFIREFLYcough!

May 04 2009 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mirrorrim

I LOVE DOLLHOUSE! Please oh please Fox renew this show. I've also been a very loyal follower of TSCC since the beginning, it's had some good twists but I'm getting a bit bored. But I still like to watch it.

If I had to choose, I want to learn more about Dollhouse and see where the story goes. I'm okay with the thought of TSCC's story ending. Been a fun ride, but now I want to move onto something else-Dollhouse!

May 02 2009 at 4:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dollhouse

Well Tru Calling did at least get renewed for a second season. I think as long as the ratings trend up we'll get a renewal. I bet fox doesnt want to pull a "firefly" all over again.

Source : http://watchdollhouseonline.com/

April 28 2009 at 2:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carole

please leave dollhouse on it is ready a good show

April 18 2009 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

i love watching dollhouse. so i hope they dont get rid of it because it keeps you on the edge and you always want to know what is going to happen next with echo. i enjoyed watching buffy the vampire slayer and angel. although i havent seen tscc i know the story from the movies and its a rare to see people come up with new storys or new ideas because im sick of the movies copying from others.

April 18 2009 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori K

Terminator: the Sarah Conner Chronicles is one of my all time favorite shows and The Dollhouse is great too. I also love Ghost Whisperer which is on at the same time as Sarah Conner so I watch one and tape the other. I hope these shows are all renewed for more seasons.

April 17 2009 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LessThenZero

It's a shame that people have been brainwashed the past several years with reality t.v. crap, and when they turn on a great show like T.S.C.C. they don't understand what their looking at. If it were a snake it would bite them right in the face. I've been a Terminator fan since the first movie, and it's a shame that die hard fans like myself get screwed over because the ratings are not high enough. Also by moving the show to Friday really killed it, HOW STUPID!!

April 16 2009 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neil

more more think, how can they think of cancelling RSCC after series 2 when they let the 4400 go to season 4 so far and its turd

April 14 2009 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply