October 30, 2014

ABC schedules the last episodes of Eli Stone, Daisies and DSM for this summer

by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 9th 2009 11:03AM
Dirty Sexy Monday

ABC announced their summer schedule, complete with returning reality "favorites" and some new shows, but honestly, who cares about all that?! What matters is that three of my favorite sophomore shows that were killed too soon are all scheduled to make their triumphant (?) returns to ABC this summer, as promised.

Yes, I'm talking about Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money. Apparently, ABC has decided that the Saturday 10pm/9pm Central timeslot is the perfect place to air the remaining episodes of each series, one after the other. After all, it is the dead zone of television, so what do they have to lose?

We'll call it "ABC's under-appreciated hour," or maybe "ABC: Already Been Canceled." Well, I'm sure you can come up with some better names than I can. The bottom line is that from May 30th all the way through August 8th, I can tune in and watch the rest of these three series. As much as it's a sad reminder that ABC so quickly gave up on all three shows, at least we'll get to see the episodes that were already made like Life on Mars fans did. I mean we should be grateful, right?

Here's how they break it down. From May 30 to June 13 we'll get the last three episodes of Pushing Daisies. Then, starting June 20 and running through July 11 we'll see the last four episodes of Eli Stone. And finally, we'll wrap things up from July 18 through August 8 with four final evenings with the Darlings of Dirty Sexy Money. After all that quality all summer long, the new shows ABC bows in the fall will look that much crappier!

Dancer

I'm beginning to take it personally that when I find something I enjoy like ELI STONE it is immediately canceled and, yes, one more stupid reality show is picked up! Keep dumbing down the tv for the oh, so intelligent post Bush public! At least there is BURN NOTICE, THE CLOSER, IN PLAIN SIGHT and BONES to provide my need a good hour of drama (with some humor) fix...

June 25 2009 at 3:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jazza

Final episode of Daisies is brilliant. Aired in the UK last Friday

May 04 2009 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAKB

I'll believe it when I see it. ABC had also promised it would finish out 'The Nine' also and that didn't happen and they didn't even leave up the unaired eps on their website for every long either.

April 10 2009 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brett Alan

The Eli Stone episodes have been airing on Sci-Fi in the UK, and possibly other markets, but not in the US.

April 10 2009 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Eli Stone's up on bittorrent already? Sweet! S2E10-13 here I come! Screw you ABC - you snooze, you lose.

April 10 2009 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Granted, I never watched "Eli Stone," but why would a lawyer show be on the SciFi channel??? (Maybe I should have looked more after all!!) Also, I'm glad that we will finally get to see the last three episodes of "Daisies."

April 10 2009 at 10:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wilymon

Saturday night? Talk about kicking a good show when it's down (I'm talking about Daises).

April 09 2009 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

@pugnax seeing as i've been doing the same thing, you probably dled the eps from bittorrent or newsgroups. when i saw the scifi logo i decided to find out why, & what we're watching is the uk broadcast of the eps. the scifi channel there picked it up.

its such a shame too. the very last few eps are great, especially the season(series) finale... if only the scifi channel would pick it up here & give it another season.

April 09 2009 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
litehousebeacon

Is Juliet going to be back for the final episodes of DSM?

April 09 2009 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hiki

Weren't the final episodes of Eli Stone aired on SciFi already? I've been watching them, not televised, but they do have the SciFi marker in the corner.

April 09 2009 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply