December 22, 2014

New York Post breaks a HUGE spoiler for American Chopper - VIDEO

by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 9th 2009 10:03AM
Paulie and Paul Teutul from American ChopperRegular watchers of American Chopper will look at the picture to the right and immediately ponder the following question: is Paul Sr. giving Paulie Jr. a big hug or a meaty, larynx-crushing choke hold?

I've been notoriously anti-reality TV for a long time, but I gave American Chopper a grace chip when it ran on the Discovery Channel for the first few seasons. It can get just as over-the-top as most reality shows tend to do, but it still had a genuine level to it somewhere in just about every episode, and it offered viewers something more than just grown men fighting. I'm also a pathetic wanna-be gearhead and would watch a custom Buick LaSabre build contest if I thought I could generate an ounce of knowledge from it over my rich, car-building friends.

So imagine my surprise when the New York Post broke the biggest spoiler in the show's history, other than the fact that it is still on the air.

Fights are common in the Orange County Choppers' garage. Usually, they are lighthearted nag-fests between father and son and occasionally the babyfaced Mikey that are funny to everyone except the people involved. You know them as the "in-room couple" fight, the fight a couple has in the same living room with people they can actually stand which they try to stifle until it reaches an almost unbearable level of tolerance. Meanwhile you and your friends are sitting in the room waiting for the exact moment to leave before the whole affair turns into an inferno of emotion and unholy accusations. The whole experience is like a big, sick game of relationship Jenga.

The only difference between those moments and the show's fights are cameras aren't involved, unless the producers of COPS happen to be in your town that particular weekend.

Another war of words erupt between father Paul and son Paulie, no surprise. Except this time, actual lava flies out of the tops of their heads. Father says some things. Son says some things. Fingers are pointed. Father sprays son with a gale-force wave of anger spittle. The son reciprocates. The wrath of the hate gods is unleashed.

A chair is thrown. Doors are slammed. Tools are thrown. Garbage cans are knocked over. Holes are punched in walls. This business must go through more doors and drywall than a Home Depot.

An uncensored version of the preview that's been "leaked" to the web made its way to YouTube. Be forewarned that it contains naughty language, so unless you want your small child going to a school appointed therapist, please make them leave the room.

mbaldy54

The sad fact is that if it wasn't for Paul jr's great imagination for metal design and fabrication, his father would still be sitting on the couch in his trailor getting drunk and stoned and screaming at his son Mikey.

April 17 2009 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurt

It is really sad. I enjoyed the show when Vinny and Cody and Paul Jr. were all there. All I see now is the slow decline into a replica of American Hot Rod, where everyone is scared of getting fired by Boyd/Paul Sr. and it looks like the most miserable place in the world to work. He will go on building the same retro chopper over and over until people get bored, companies stop buying his slap together, cartoon theme bikes (i.e. B2 bike) and he slowly runs out of money.

April 10 2009 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

I don't even watch the show, but remembered thinking that was weird and that it seemed a LOT like a permanent (or at least semi-permanent) break.

April 09 2009 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Vito's comment
Vito

Sorry, that was supposed to be in response to Jimmy's comment about the Letterman appearance. I saw that interview too and this was my reaction.

April 09 2009 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIke

I thought the spoiler was going to sy they weren't really related

April 09 2009 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christopher_martone

I just hope that he didn't break that TV at the end of the clip. :)

April 09 2009 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

I'm thinking this whole post was a waste of time. Unless, you have some sort of "hits quota" for the day you're trying to reach.

I'm reading, and reading, *annnnnnnd* reading, waiting for this big, jaw-dropping, spoiler only to be told to view the clip. A clip, which isn't all that. ???? Come back and post when you really have some news, okay? Thank you.

April 09 2009 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Interesting.

Sr. appeared on Letterman by himself a few weeks back.

April 09 2009 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JW

Yeah I don't see how that's a spoiler. Like father like son, like Paul Sr. like Paul Jr. That was funny how Jr. started throwing stuff and Sr. sends him off and then Sr. starts throwing stuff himself.

April 09 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

It's not that bad. I do like hearing it uncensored though. I feel bad for the flat screen.. who puts one behind a door like that?

April 09 2009 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irish

Have to go with Mikey on this one. His one statement, "If I wasn't involved here, this place would go to sh**!" It's a truth his father may not wish to accept, but it's truth just the same.

April 09 2009 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply