April 23, 2014

Would you watch Law and Order: SVU without Meloni and Hargitay?

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 9th 2009 5:10PM
Law and Order: SVUAnd I can hear every Law and Order: SVU fan screaming at the same time, "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Michael Ausiello is reporting that stars Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay are asking for more money (they currently get $7 million a year), and sources say that the network might replace them if the stars keep asking for that money. The show was recently renewed for an 11th season.

I'm not too sure they couldn't be replaced. I mean, it would, of course, depend on who they go to replace them, but haven't they replaced the cast of the original Law and Order quite a bit? Characters left, characters died, some actors died in real life, and they brought in new people. Though I wonder if Meloni and Hargitay, since they have been on the show for so long, are the show and just can't be replaced. Or maybe they can just have it be John Munch: Private Eye.

joe

I would NOT watch SVU if you took away my baby Olivia. Watching those hips move just when she walks is awesome. And no need to mention her juicy big bulletproofs. I think SVU's ratings would rise sky high if Benson decided to go back to school and become an ADA. Then we can see her in sexy outfits bringing lust into the halls of justice. I dont like Cabot's attitude she's too personal and just a bitch. Eliot's new partner could be Detective Carolyn Barek (Annabelle Sciorra) and we wouldn't miss benson at all. Ludicrous can come back as a defense lawyer once he finds out Benson is ADA and decides he'll make her life one living hell.

June 15 2009 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pogodog7

Bring back Chester

June 05 2009 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

If they were to get replaced...by law and order...I dont think i will watch it....

NOPE..i'll stick to reruns

I hate when shows replace other people...

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i wouldn't watch!!

June 04 2009 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharane

Hell no, without Mariska, maybe. Without Meloni? Bullshit. There is no way I'd watch it, or go near a television set knowing that a crime like that is happening near me. Meloni and Mariska together are amazing, but I couldn't care less if it were just Stabler there.

May 11 2009 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thinker

No Benson and Stabler??? Are they crazy. they drive the show. I only watch network TV to see SVU. It's the only show worth watching. If they aren't on no sense watching.

May 06 2009 at 8:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joy

If they continue to show Meloni in nothing but his briefs, I will continue to be a Meloni fan! Remember Oz!!

April 18 2009 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARY MC CARTHY

Would not watch show if Benson or Stabler gone. They are what the show is about. Waiting with bated breath to see if they get together on show . My favourite couple on all TV shows. Their chemistry is great.

No Benson ! No stabler ! = NO SVU No WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 16 2009 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jack

You mean they haven't canned Mariska yet? I stopped watching when she started acting like she was Julie Roberts.

April 13 2009 at 8:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tierra

No. i don't think they should cancel the show not because the two work well together(they do) but because no matter who they work with they are good and i can honestly say if mariska hargitay is replaced i would not watch the show. and for the ones who say that every episode she does is for an emmy. isn't that the point. Don't you want someone who can present it in a more realist way. If you didn't have that then it would just be someone sayin words and not worth watchin

April 10 2009 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rowan

Olivia's not as "laid back" because she was SEXUALLY ASSAULTED. It was big for the character, and it's big for the show.

I love all the LAOs, but I feel like the show is so dependent on the personal lives of the characters because of the subject matter. To replace them both at the same time is dangerous.

And hey, come on. Give us a goodbye episode.

Us E/O Shippers deserve at least another hug. xD