April 19, 2014

A Star Trek blast from the past - VIDEO

by Brad Trechak, posted Apr 12th 2009 10:00AM
Star Trek AdventureIn what may be the most frightening piece of nostalgia ever produced, someone has posted their video from Paramount's Star Trek Adventure online, which was at Universal Studios way back when. Judging by the ages of the original actors, it was probably produced sometime around Star Trek IV or Star Trek V (or possibly VI) and serves as a wonderful example of how quickly everybody involved with this American icon was willing to sell out.

Of course, Roddenberry himself was selling IDIC medallions by season three of the original series, so this blatant commercialism should come as no surprise. Does anybody out there actually have a video of themselves participating in this? If so, did you have to wait on line for it? If I did something like this ever, I would likely bury the videotape somewhere and hope it was never discovered again.

Someone's embarrassing video is after the jump.

EMBED-Star Trek Adventureland - Watch more free videos

[via Topless Robot]

JT

I did this we were Klingons but god knows where the video went.

April 13 2009 at 11:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dukrous

I think I know where my copy is. It was me, my parents, two brothers, and sister. I need to convert that to DVD. Lots of good family memories around that godawful vid that it still brings a smile to my face.

April 13 2009 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

Who were the amateur actors again? The Klingons?

I remember seeing this at Universal. Never did it, but always wished I had.

And no, Enterprise was never this bad.

April 12 2009 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
akira

I'm proud to say I did this around 1993. Not only did I keep my copy of it, I transfered it to DVD.

Not that I'm particularly proud of it, I just fondly remember how excited I was when it was being recorded. My girlfriend? Not so much.

April 12 2009 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Wow, that's awful.
Still better than "Enterprise", though.

April 12 2009 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply