September 23, 2014

Do you want to see Jonathan Jackson back as Kyle Reese?

by Mike Moody, posted Apr 17th 2009 12:03PM
Jonathan Jackson Kyle Reese The Sarah Connor ChroniclesYeah, I know you thought The Sarah Connor Chronicles was canceled, but we've yet to hear anything official from Fox concerning the show's future. Series writer Ashley Edward Miller and creator Josh Friedman used Twitter this week to debunk Michael Ausiello's claim that the show is toast, and star Brian Austin Green seems hopeful about a third season happening.

I love the show, but like I said in my review of last week's season finale, the chances of a third season are slim to none. Even the high DVR ratings might not save it. But Fox hasn't terminated TSCC yet, and there's still a chance we might get to see that third season featuring (SPOILER HERE!) John Connor living in the post-Judgement Day future.

If a third season does happen, there's a good chance we'll see a lot more of Jonathan Jackson as John Connor's dad, Kyle Reese.

Jackson played Reese (originally played by Michael Biehn in the original Terminator movie) in four TSCC episodes, including February's "The Good Wound." Reaction to Jackson's performance in that ep was pretty mixed, according to TVS readers, but I thought the actor did a good job of bringing out the character's vulnerable side.

Some of you didn't care for Jackson, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of watching him play Reese again and interacting with John and Derek Reese (Green) in the post-apocalyptic future.

What about you, TSCC fans? Did Jackson's surprise appearance in the season finale make you want to see more of him, or would you rather forget about him?

kevinwales1955

I'm happy to see him in the future. In TSCC he was a good guardian for Sarah.

May 03 2013 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenkehs

Abso-freaking-lutely I want Jonathan Jackson back as Kyle! Season 3 will be all about him!!

June 15 2009 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Avmont

As long as the series ratings aren't totally flopping, Fox Execs would be OUT OF THEIR MIND to cancel this show right now. The show may not be #1 currently, but its numbers are at least acceptable. However, the next movie in the series will be out in little over a month, and it's expected to be a blockbuster.

The fact is, in addition to the show's already loyal, solid fan base, the publicity of the movie will almost certainly give the show a tremendous boost of popularity for at least one more season. With immense free advertising from the movie, it's hard to imagine the series will be anything but an advertiser's dream. Increased popularity = sales of commercials = successful TV Execs.

But on the other hand, nobody ever accused TV Execs, and especially those at FOX, to be rational beings.

April 20 2009 at 12:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

Please NOOOOOOOOO. I am a DVR person. I work at night so I DVR most of my prograhming. TSCC is one of my 5 favorites. I am looking forward to another season.

April 18 2009 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donkey23

If you want to inject some acting talent and some maturity into the character of Kyle Reese, then I would suggest getting someone like Peter Krause to play the role. Whoever this kid is, he just seemed too young, and although that age may be storyline appropriate from a continuity sense, I'd rather see someone more believable like Krause, 43, in the role...

...plus he bares an intriguing resemblance to Garret Dillahunt's John Henry/Cromartie...

SAVE SARAH CONNOR!!!

April 18 2009 at 1:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shamon

renew this show asap

April 18 2009 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean

The negative comments about people who watch TV on Friday nights offend me and, I'm sure, more than a few others. To me, such juvenile comments indicate a lack of life experience. I'm home on Friday night by choice - wait a few years and you'll understand what I mean - and I watch Terminator and Dollhouse in real time, as I did BSG. Anything science fiction gets my attention, AND I detest reality shows. I'd definitely like to see more of both series.

Oh, and to answer the original question - I'm putting my trust in the show and the current casting. I think Jackson is a good choice to portray Kyle - he does look a little like Michael Biehn - but please, don't bring back Jesse!

April 17 2009 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
honey

I thought Jonathan Jackson did a very decent job as Kyle. The chance to see Kyle and John interact....just bring on Season 3 already.

April 17 2009 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DJ

how about not airing on friday. who in the hell watches tv on friday

April 17 2009 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsgfan2003

I just want the show back for a third season. Jackson can even keep that awful patchwork on his face.

Really, after losing BSG this year, I don't want to lose TSCC too.

Please bring it back FOX!

April 17 2009 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply