October 22, 2014

Jay Leno does Susan Boyle

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 20th 2009 1:26PM
Susan BoyleLast week on his show, Jay Leno said he thought that he might be related to singing sensation Susan Boyle because his mom is from Scotland. He then showed this. Half of me wants to say ha-ha (though it's not really funny), the other half of me wants to punch Leno for dressing up like Boyle because he thinks they might look alike. (I also continue to be irritated that people are "amazed" that Boyle can sing - what, she's not Hollywood beautiful so the judges and audience didn't think she had talent?)

Also, that guy backstage...is that Kirk Cameron?

dana

I think its sad that Susan has gone all her life without a partner-and has never even been kissed. Now that her talent has brought her out into the publics eye, I hope she finds love so she can experience a relationship. NOBODY should have to be alone...unless they are a pervert or something. And when she falls in love (because I truly believe she will) makeover or no makeover, I think she will be stunningly beautiful because when you love, it makes you glow. He just better be a good guy and love her to pieces because it would be really sad for her to experience some jerk (like alot of us have at least once LOL) who hurts her and breaks her heart. O- and BTW speaking of "the guy" for her, I want to comment "he" may end up being a 'she' and thats just fine. She deserves to love and be loved.

April 27 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
G

Leno, where is the comedy in making fun of someone's looks? Leno's parody shows he totally lacks class and decency. Frankly, it's an insult to Susan Boyle to be compared to Leno in looks. Of the two of them, at least Susan has real talent.

April 26 2009 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cadfael

Susan - Don't change anything. You are a wonderful singer and deserve all the praise you receive. Just ignore the stupid crass people who are jealous of your talent. I wish you all the best of success.

April 24 2009 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Texas River Rat

I think this lady is a nice woman with an incredible talent. And I don't believe she needs to be "made over" to suceed. That's what BGT and AI are all about ... giving a chance to an ordinary citizen. If she wins the competition and really does win fame (whatever that means) I expect you will see her hair and makeup change, but she's never going to be another Whitney Houston. Thank God for small favors!

April 23 2009 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeannie

Only in America are people judge on their looks,

April 22 2009 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeannie's comment
Johnna

I think this show was in Britain: and you can tell from the faces in the audience and those judges, THEY Were judging by how she looks! This America bashing is so OLD.

April 24 2009 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ina

LOL DL

Yep... Susan brings hope to all us people approaching middle age. None of us want to lose our looks or become bored from a stagnant life.

April 22 2009 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ina

Yeah Leno... I agree.

I know I'VE always thought you look like a woman.

April 22 2009 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GL

Leno is not funny.

The fact that she can sing, well that's just amazing. I mean she isn't hot, so this is quite the story. It really made me happy to be alive when I found out that unattractive, middling aged folks have talent in any way whatsoever. So beautiful (on the inside, of course, though it shines through so much!) and touching.

April 21 2009 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd

Classic Jay Leno comedy. Lame. Now if Alan Kalter did the same routine I would find it funny. Sorry Jay. Nothing you do amuses me.

April 20 2009 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply