November 28, 2014

Everybody hates the new Microsoft commercials

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 21st 2009 1:09PM
MicrosoftHow about you?

These new ads are trying to say you shouldn't pay a lot for a computer, especially those damn Macs that, well, everyone who uses them really loves. (Disclaimer: yes, I'm typing this on a Mac.)

Well, she's right about one thing: she isn't cool enough to own a Mac.

Did she just call her son "dude?".

Kris

I liked the commercials.
I liked the "Mac vs. PC" Commercials too, though, I haven't seen one in a while.

April 22 2009 at 3:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Oliver

That commercial was filmed at the Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley, CA. I didn't even know they sold Macs there. I know for sure that on a typical day, they don't dress their salesmen up in suits.

April 22 2009 at 2:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jothie

Real Journalist "I'm a writer"

300 lb retarded guy "I'm a blog writer"

Real Journalist "Hey Blog Writer, have you seen those "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" commercials in which they try to paint PC's as uptight republicants and Mac's as ultra hip cool people, but really the Mac guy just comes off as a snob?"

300 lb blog writer "... I use a Mac"

Real Journalist ".....' awkward silence. "Well anyways, have you seen the new ones about PC's.. how they're affordable and used by every day people?

300 lb blog writer "yea, but they're ugly and uncool people and every one hates them."

Real Journalist, after carefully looking the blog writer up and down, "Yea.... ok. Funny thing is most people agree that Justin Long comes off as snobbish and somewhat of a jerk in those commercials and its making Mac fanboi's look like elitist and snobs. You'd think this is an image the Mac community wouldnt want to cultivate. But fanboi blogs all over are jumping on these new commercials with lame, elitist remarks that make them look stupid...."

300 lb Blog Writer frantically typing on his Mac "Shhh.. you just gave me an idea"

clck clck clck clck

Real Journalist shrugs in disgust "Be sure to sign off, "I'm typing this on a Mac""

April 22 2009 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DanGarion

Mac's bring douchery to the masses.

And yes I'm writing this on a Mac.

April 22 2009 at 1:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sol

i like red, she's geeky hot. i could care less about the other two ads.

April 22 2009 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

As with most things, you get what you paid for.

April 21 2009 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

I own a laptop, it runs Vista, and the only problem I have is Internet Explorer. So I use Firefox and everything is nice and happy and doesn't freeze when I'm watching a show on Hulu and someone IMs me on facebook. Vista isn't that bad the only problems I've ever had with it were my own fault.

Whatever interface you use and are used to and enjoy you should use. Mac users can try to get me to change all they want by painting me as a loser, but I have the right to like PCs. Zune users can do the same with my iPod because I own one also and am happy with it.

April 21 2009 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Sid: if we were going to do product placement, we'd be a lot more subtle than that. By the way, this comment is brought to you by Doritos, now with even more nacho flavor!

April 21 2009 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sid

since when does tvsquad do product placement?

(I hope you're getting paid for the article, otherwise were all those pissed off commenters worth it?)

April 21 2009 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

Hey Bob,

I like the new ads. They are certainly better than the stupid Seinfeld ad. And admittedly, I love the PC vs Mac commercials (the characters/actors as well as the content). And I am typing this on a 5 yr old PC that is working just fine.

April 21 2009 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply