April 20, 2014

New issue of Wired might include some Lost, Star Trek clues

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 21st 2009 5:02PM
WiredJ.J. Abrams is the guest editor of the latest issue of Wired, and it's not only filled with info about the new Star Trek film and Lost and Fringe, it has a bunch of puzzles scattered throughout that might actually give some clues to Lost. Inside there are many oddities and games: missing text on page 46, and Hurley's lottery ticket numbers (and other numbers) on pages 104 and 105. As for Star Trek, there's a six page comic included.

Here's Abrams talking about the issue.

Akabei Otaku

Save "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" on Facebook:

April 22 2009 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GerryofNorVA

JJ's message is "it's about the journey, not the end", thus he revels in mystery for its sake alone. In his article on (unmarked) page 80 he relates that people ask him how Lost will end, and he confides it wouldn't be satisfying for them to know since it's not in the context of the story leading up to it.

In this past Sunday's Washington Post TV Week, Abrams states "The experience is the real journey. If you've been watching 'Lost' to get to the end, then that's a waste, even though there's an amazing endpoint. I don't think anyone should watch a TV show for the one answer."

Similarly if you were told the meaning of life equates to zero, that would mean nothing to anyone who hadn't already come to that nihilistic conclusion via their own experience. Sorry, too deep for this forum ? ...

April 22 2009 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donkey23

J.J. Abrams is a one-trick gimmick of a career. Fringe is one of the most god awful shows on television. Lost, in my opinion is great, but at what level is he involved with that show now? I think its great in spite of him. And I am fearing for Star Trek in a major way.

I wish they would switch Fringe to Fridays and let the Sarah Connor Chronicles follow American Idol on Tuesdays. Let that flaming turd Fringe suffer and die on Fridays. Sarah Connor is too good a show to get cancelled.

SAVE SARAH CONNOR!!!

April 21 2009 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to donkey23's comment
Dorv

Thank you for your bitterness. Some of us can be fans of both SCC and Abrams. Fringe has gotten better lately. SCC has been so damn inconsistent this season, I can't imagine why it can't pick up more fans. I love the show, but I almost quit watching during the "Sarah Can't Sleep" episodes.

I never credited Abrams with Lost. I think he did well with Alias and MI:3, so I look forward to Trek.

April 21 2009 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephen.boro

I thought this was one of the most difficult issues of Wired to read, ever. I am a fan of JJ, Star Trek and Lost, but it just gave me a headache, and I usually love this kind of stuff....

April 21 2009 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Measure

Note near the back of the magazine, there is a 'continuation' of an article about Star Trek, but there was actually no beginning to it. (it says it's continued from page 503 or something like that)

The article seems to be about some kind of fighting manuver that can only be done with a cloaking device. I didn't pick up anything important in it, but I'm not obsessive.

April 21 2009 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Measure's comment
RJ

Yeah, I was wondering what was up with that, I thought they might've made a mistake, but I guess I have to go through the magazine again.

April 21 2009 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply