November 27, 2014

Celebrity Apprentice: Annie Vs. Joan

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 23rd 2009 12:50PM
The Celebrity ApprenticeThis season of The Celebrity Apprentice may not have Piers and Omarosa to spice things up. However, poker player Annie Duke and comedienne Joan Rivers are a close second.

In the first episodes of the season, we didn't see much of the rivalry between the two ladies but the past two or three episodes have shown them as enemies. The two of them have done and said pretty harsh things about the other. The war between the two is still ongoing so before one of them is fired, it's time we take a few minutes and make our predictions as to who will win the war: Annie or Joan?

Before writing this post, I've surfed the show's official website to see what viewers were thinking about the two. One thing is for sure, there are three clans over there: The Annie Haters, The Joan Haters, and the Annie & Joan Haters. I'm sure there are supporters for both ladies, but their comments get lost between the "Joan is trash and has a big mouth" and "Annie thinks she's a know-it-all, and is rude and obnoxious".

One thing we can all agree on is that the feud between Annie and Joan is entertaining. If I only base my opinion on what was shown on the show, I prefer Annie. She has raised more money, has proved to be a good project leader, has not been afraid to take initiative both as a leader and a team member, and is not afraid to speak her mind. I can admit that she sometimes has a "it's my way or the highway" kind of attitude.

As for Joan, she has been a so-so project manager, acts like a diva, orders Melissa to support her even if Melissa didn't see her mother at work (they now are on different teams), cries in the boardroom, and threatens to quit every time Melissa is in danger of being fired. However, I must admit that Joan stepped up in certain occasions to help out her team, especially when it was time to present or host.

So who should win the war? Joan or Annie? The winner will be the last one to be fired. With the very few comments I've made above, it's clear that I think Annie should win. I also believe she would make a better Celebrity Apprentice winner than Joan.

If you are torn, you can go read each lady's blog, where they give their two cents about the episodes and the feud, at www.annieduke.com (check the "news" on the right) and www.joanrivers.com (click on Joan's Blog on the top menu).

Who should win the war?
Joan520 (46.4%)
Annie416 (37.1%)
None. Trump should fire them both next week.184 (16.4%)

Laurie

Mr. Trumpp,
I've watched the Apprentice since season one and have never been so dissapointed as I was last night. Annie was certainly everything you always state an excellent apprentice should be and then at the 11th hour you changed the criteria so Joan would win.
Bad, bad move Mr. Trumpp.

May 11 2009 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mikey C.

Annie should have won!
Annie could have done a better job of controlling the conversation with Trump and proven that she won 3 out of the 5 criteria in the challenge. Annie clearly had more REAL celebrities at her event, she should have debated that point with Trump!
I am never watching that crap show again, what a farce and waste of time!

May 11 2009 at 2:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mikey C.

Trump hates people that quit and Joan Rivers quit when her daughter was fired and walked out in shame, why was Joan let back in to the game?
Previous apprentice winners always won based on money raised and the number of challenges won as a leader and CLEARLY Annie has won in both of these areas.
In front of millions of viewers we see that Joan Rivers is the main cause for the event designer to quit and she LIES that she was not the cause.
Way to go Trump you mismanaged the boardroom and hired the wrong person. I love it how you change the criteria for winning the challenge because you knew that Rivers could not raise as much money as Annie. What a farce!

May 11 2009 at 2:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mimi425

OMG, DONALD YOU ARE WONDERFUL, WHAT A SHOW! I FELT LIKE I WAS AT A FIGHT AT AC, JOAN AS ALI AND WHATS HER FACE ANNIE AS TYSON, HELLO! WONDERFUL, THE SUSPENSE WAS CHILLING. I AM SO PROUD THAT JOAN WON. FOR YOUR NEXT GROUP, THROW IN CHER, SHARON OSBORNE, KATHY GRIFFIN, WOULD LOVE TO SEE BRAD PITT IN THERE ALSO, SO MANY, BUT WHAT ABOUT OPRAH?

May 10 2009 at 11:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chad

joan rivers is a no good for nothing hagg, who whines all the time to get her way. a rude, cruel devil. Who can't take a bit of crap. Explodes all the time in the board room, and still is in the game. Looks like she's suckin Trumps d***. To me the game was rigged. Trump has been giving her grace the whole time for showing her ass.

May 10 2009 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rita Morris

Joan Rivers and her daughter are poor examples of celebrities. Donald Trump is not white washed from his past so how can he judge. The almighity will put him in his place. Annie is due the triumph. Celebrity Apprentice is not on our list to watch until it is judged fairly from the public and producers.
Rita M. Katy, TX

May 10 2009 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob C.

I'll never watch it again. Donald's favoritism toward Joan was obvious annd the outcome predictable. He let the two wining, spoiled rivers girls work annie over wiith out giving her a chance to defend herself. Annie showed me more class than the two of them put together.
Good riddence donald!

May 10 2009 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
junemarie

I will never watch the Apprentice or anything with Joan or Melissa Rivers again. I am ashamed of Donald allowing that witch to win....It is over for me....

May 10 2009 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob C.

I'll never watch the apprentice again. I wasn't a fan of annies in the beginning but after hearing joan and her wining, spoiled daughter verbally abuse Annie week after week I started to appreciiate her. Donald must be blind or he decided from the beginning that joan would win. He never let annie defend herself although she tried. The two loudmouths would just keep interepting her and donald would let it happen. It was obvious he favored joan and she was going to win. what a disgrace!

May 10 2009 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Connie

It would be wonderful if Joan wins! She's a role model for millions of older women! Whether she wins or loses, she has held her own. She had to take those weak guys as team mates yet she prevailed.
Annie Duke is talented, smart, and very clever, but she is a one woman show. When her team won, she did all the work. She's no leader; she's a bully.

May 10 2009 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply