October 24, 2014

Which of these new shows are you most looking forward to?

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 23rd 2009 7:01PM
Network logosThe networks are going to unleash their new fall schedules in a few weeks. Which new shows are in the running? Well, Juliana Margulies is going to be an attorney (again), Kelsey Grammer is going to be a Wall Street CEO who gets canned (you knew you were going to see at least one show with that premise this fall), Lauren Graham is going to be a self-help guru, Chevy Chase and The Soup's Joel McHale are going to be community college students, and Thomas Jane is going to be ... well, Hung.

AOL has a list of the 30 shows that have the best shot at being on our TV screens when the fall rolls around. Not all of the shows will make it, of course. Some we'll never see at all, unless the pilot episode is leaked online. I'm still ticked that ABC didn't pick up Marlowe (with Life on Mars star Jason O'Mara) a couple of season ago. The gallery is after the jump.

Pilots Roundup

Craig

What the hell happened to the American version of the IT Crowd with Mchale?

April 27 2009 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

There are a few that sound mildly interesting (the Lauren Graham show for instance) but I wouldn't watch Patricia Heaton cross the street, let alone on my television, so that's an automatic "NO" right there.

April 24 2009 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Kosmicki

the pilot I'm most excited for was just announced as shooting: the HBO pilot for George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire." This has the potential to be the pay-cable "Lord of the Rings" -- in a good way. Lots of palace intrigue, battles, medieval settings, and mysterious evil behind the scenes. But it's not going to be listed in articles like this because it isn't part of the normal TV season cycle.

April 24 2009 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aurel

Boardwalk Empire (Scorsese gets me to at least take a look), The Bridget Show (Lauren Graham, Mitchell Hurtwitz, Jeffrey Tambor, need I say more?), Hung (I like Thomas Jane a little too much for my own good), Off-Duty (because of Whitford and Malco), Treme by David Simon of course, and The Wonderful Maladys (interesting cast).
HBO sure has an interesting line-up of new shows for next year.

April 24 2009 at 3:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

5 grabbed my eye that I will check out
if they are picked up
***
V on ABC
masterwork on Fox
Vampire Diaries on the CW
Back starring Skeet Ulrich on CBS
AND
Eastwick on ABC due to Sara Rue starring in it

April 24 2009 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
segsig

I agree with Jake, Off Duty is the only one that looks remotely interesting. I fear for it though being on the Nothing But Crap network.

April 23 2009 at 11:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
svrkevi

I'll judge them after I watch the first episode...I once though shows like Man Men and BSG were bad ideas...I sat down and watch them, changing my opinion...I will not prejudge...not this year

April 23 2009 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Johnzo

This is NOT a complete list.

ABC has "Flash Forward" and "I, Claudius" in production and neither of them were mentioned. I bet what we end up seeing in May will be rather different.

April 23 2009 at 11:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MERVE-THE-PERVE

I won't be wasting my time on any new shows on the big nets since 90% of them won't make it past year 1. 20% of them won't even make it past the 4th episode. Why even bother? The only new shows I'll be watching are on the cable channels, where they have higher quality and give them a chance to grow most of the time.

April 23 2009 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

Agreed, none of these look that appealing.

April 23 2009 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply