30 Rock: The Ones
OK, can we settle this once and for all? Liz Lemon/Tina Fey is not an unattractive woman. I don't care if she's wearing a rumpled TGS sweatshirt or a casual jacket or has glasses on or has her hair tied back or if she's wearing a potato sack or even a track suit. There's no way a snooty jewelry store clerk would look at her and doubt that Alec Baldwin/Jack would marry her.
Yes, she even looks great in a Slanket. Interesting they didn't go with the Snuggie, but also great that they didn't go with the Snuggie (and kudos to Fey for the above shout-out to viewers).
So we knew that Salma Hayek was going to return to 30 Rock, we just didn't know how it was going to happen. We also knew that her character would have to be written off somehow. So they solve that by having Elisa having a dark secret about killing her ex-husband because he cheated on her.
The storyline with Jenna was ... fair. It's always great to see Jenna flirt cluelessly and scheme and hear Jane Krakowski sing a little bit, but it just went on too long and got tedious and silly, ending twice, once with Kenneth faking his death (I doubt he'd want to hurt Jenna like that) and then again when he got sick on purpose for Jenna (that's more like him).
Odd how they set up Jenna's storyline by having Lutz be injured by the falling TV, and then they completely dropped his plot from the episode. I thought Jenna's paramedic was going to turn into a regular boyfriend for her for a bunch of episodes, but I guess the show isn't ready to go there with her yet. That would be a great development for next season, though. Give her a serious relationship to see how it changes her. Maybe even have her get married.
By the way, if someone can explain that line from Brian Williams, I'd appreciate it.
And now, those quotes we all love to hear:
- "In my experience, 'let's think about it' usually ends up as me watching Solid Gold in my basement on prom night." - Liz
- "Whoa, check out the bling. Or whatever it's called now." - Liz
- "Hey, where are my Sno-balls? I'm going to the gym later so I deserve a treat." - Liz
- "Allergies are psychosomatic. The only reason I'm allergic to dogs is because one bit me when I got my first period." - Liz
- "If I have a strawberry, my throat closes up faster than a girl in math class." - Kenneth
- "You're wise, Liz Lemon. Like a genetically-manipulated shark." - Tracy
- "Really? That's your guess? I'm a man?" - Elisa, to Liz about her secret
- "Wigco.com? Sheinhardt's Wig's user-generated content site. All that anybody ever posted on it were penises." - Jack
- "I called 911. They wouldn't even connect with their celebrity service." - Jenna
- "Elisa has a big secret! My current theory is that she's the mother of those Michael Jackson kids!" - Liz
- "Blue writing on green ... why?!?" - Liz, looking at a web site
- "Puerto Rican!!" - Liz, upon seeing Elisa (twice)
- "I'm sorry to tell you such a dark tale in such a silly shirt." - Elisa, wearing a "What The Frak?" shirt
- "My God. I already put my wedding announcement in Cigar Aficionado." - Jack
- "Somewhere right now a guy is on a J-Date with Monica Lewinsky. Nobody's perfect." - Jack
- "Oh for God's sake, what is this, Third Watch?" - Jenna, about all the different paramedic shifts
- "This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Daryl Strawberry." - Jack, to Tracy at a club
- "Really? I've not heard of that term before. Do you know how to get to Connecticut?" - Brian Williams
- "Oh, you mean my mouth radio." - Kenneth, about his harmonica
- "It hurts more than my foot botox to know that he's out there and I can't find him." - Jenna
- "His life is like Enron, circa 1999. So wild." - Jack, about Tracy
- "Isn't there a Slanket somewhere you should be filling with your farts?" - Elisha, to Liz
- "You look happy. Did you finally settle that lawsuit over your exercise tape?" - Liz, to Jenna