July 28, 2014

A strangely satisfying video of Katie Couric singing the news

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 24th 2009 2:23PM
I don't know what the heck this video below is all about, but I whole-heartedly approve.

It's from Auto-Tuning The News, and it features the words of news people from CNN, FOX News, and CBS News (along with Hillary Clinton) put to a song. Not just their words, but they actually sing the song themselves through some neat electronic trickery. It doesn't really get going until the section with Katie Couric, which is really well done. I can't wait for the extended mix on that part.

[via Kottke]

ManekiNeko

The Katie Couric bit was the best part, and really, the only good part. I saw this on Rachel Maddow earlier in the week and thought the segment had potential, but could have been done a lot better. Couric is the only one who has any melody.

April 26 2009 at 1:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent Schmidt

There have been some questionable posts on here lately (see: everyone hates these new PC commercials post) but I actually enjoyed this find/posting.

April 25 2009 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
snarfscarf

Well I for one enjoyed it! The Martin Luther King one that same guy did is 100 times better though. :)

April 24 2009 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeremy

The Katie Couric part sounds exactly like GLADoS. (From Portal)

April 24 2009 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
viper5dn

I never comment, but you sir-- have forced my hand. You, daved, might actually the biggest douchebag I have ever read a comment from.

April 24 2009 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to viper5dn's comment
John

Maybe, but he's absolutely right about everything. This site has just deteriorated into trash.

April 24 2009 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Another waste of bandwidth!

Sorry, this isn't "awesome". It's boring, amateurish, and something that should *ONLY* be available on YouTube.

Joel seems to think that these posts are worthy of something Bob. Why? I almost posted a comment yesterday - as a reply to a comment - explaining that it IS filler. It exists only because you all have this (underdeserved) belief that you need this crap because "it's business".

Well, it's now getting close to my never visiting this site again. That's how bad this crap is.

Here's how you do a Flash-filled post:

Now, THAT was good. And guess what Bob/Joel? It was on your blog!

This? "neat electronic trickery"? "Can't wait for the extended mix"?

Oh.
My.
God.

So - have I pegged the moment when TV Squad jumped the shark?

I think not - I was late by a week.

April 24 2009 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply