November 28, 2014

Buy a sub sandwich, save Chuck?

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 24th 2009 2:05PM
ChuckWhen Jericho was canceled, fans sent nuts to CBS and that made the network rethink their decision and we got another (short) season. Now there's a food-related effort to save NBC's Chuck.

Fans are organizing an effort to get people to go to Subway shops this Monday to support Chuck's season finale, which happens later that night. If that doesn't make sense to you, it's because Subway and their "$5 foot long" promotion were featured on the show a couple of weeks ago. Please do not start sending subs or sandwiches to NBC headquarters. That's not what this is about.

Of course, I don't see how the hell buying a sub is going to directly get NBC's attention and make them say, "those fans are really dedicated, we should really renew this show," but it certainly can't hurt. Here's the Twitter page for fans trying to save the show. This show really does deserve another season.

Jimmy

Advertisers use so many different metrics to determine the value they get for the money they spend. Even a franchise like Subway have national sales figures.

Also, Subway was involved in 2 of the last 4 episodes.

April 25 2009 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I might just do that but then I like Subway subs.

April 24 2009 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GL

I will eat that sub after 4 days.

April 24 2009 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

The sub and postage, less than $10, I say we send them to NBC. I don't watch the show, but I'd love to know that people are having to open packages with 3-5 day old subs in them.

April 24 2009 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cody

this seriously sounds to me like some marketing folks at Subway decided to try to steer the "Save Chuck" campaign in their own favor. Which is brilliant, but unbelievably evil.

April 24 2009 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Cody's comment
jffm

We have a winner. Somebody give this (wo)man a cigar. Or a sub sandwich...

April 24 2009 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

I sort of agree with Josh. I mean, if you're going to go that route shouldn't we be buying stuff at Best Buy or at the Frye's Electronics store in Burbank to support the show?

April 24 2009 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Europa's comment
CParis

I think the idea of supporting a company that advertises on the show gets the attention of NBC. That means people have been watching the program.

April 24 2009 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

This makes absolutely no sense. Aren't Subways basically all franchises that are owned by individual people in each location? How would the national Subway corporation even know if sales increased or that it had anything at all to do with Chuck? I'm all for trying to save the show, since it is awesome, but this sounds ridiculous.

April 24 2009 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ConspiracyGuy

What should be done is get Bill Gates or Steve Jobs or some other rich nerd to fund the show.

April 24 2009 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply