October 1, 2014

CSI: If I Had A Hammer - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 24th 2009 10:04AM
CSI

If you didn't read this post yesterday, CSI is the bestest, most favoritist, most awesomest TV show that has ever been seen on television (chosen by viewers whose remote control has been stuck on CBS since around 1999, apparently). Last night the team investigated an old case of Catherine's because the guy in jail for 18 years might actually be innocent. Discuss the show below with fellow CSI fans. Oh, and how do you think Laurence Fishburne is doing?

Don

Fishburne is a bust! They give Marg a rag hair style and bad lighting to make her look older and worst yet less air time. I will admit she's my fantasy since China Beach but the facts are clear she's being pushed to the back for the young chicks!! You scewed up CBS!!
Now to NCIS,it's the best!!

May 01 2009 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

This episode was kind of weak I thought. It kind of seemed like some sort of law enforcement propaganda as well, because I found it extremely arrogant and frightening that nobody seemed willing to even consider for a moment that the guy could be innocent. The fact is that people actually have been wrongly convicted, even in cases that involve everyone's favorite smoking gun, DNA.

April 25 2009 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
New City Vegas

Maybe I misunderstood but there seemed to be an implausible moment in tonight's episode when Jim Brass said they had a warrant to impound the suspected "hot rod" auto owned by the perp's secret high school girlfriend.

I know cars last longer here in the desert but why would anyone keep their "high school" car for two decades after they have married, raised kids, and generally moved on with life?

Even having an 18+ year old car on the road that long is a unusual. (Please don't tell me about your 1970's clunker. We're talking probability here.)

According to Consumer Reports, the average automobile "life expectancy" is only about 8 years or 150,000 miles.

April 24 2009 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to New City Vegas's comment
CSIdiot

Because a 1968 Super Bee is worth more than your house.

May 04 2009 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC McKinney

Last week's episode, satirizing Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and fandom, featuring cameos by Grace Park and Ronald Moore and a small guest role for Kate Vernon, was stellar. Fantasy sequences with the CSI cast playing Trek-inspired roles. Funny, and Hodges' flirtation with Wendy moved along.

April 24 2009 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
StillBash

Wow great - this actually IS turning into PopCandy...

"Talk about yesterday's episode of (insert show here)".

And maybe add a video...

April 24 2009 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

I havent watched CSI regularly since about 4 years ago, periodically I will catch an episode or two if they sound interesting.

My main reason for stopping was that I was rolling my eyes too much, watching the "music video crime scene evidence gathering/testing montage" was getting too much for me to handle or injest. I was saying to my tv "shenanigans" and I cant watch a show that is so unbelievable.

I watched last night because I love Henry Thomas, but it was terrible. Margs face scares the living daylights out of me now she needs to lay off the botox, and the collection of DNA off of cotton swabs was so sexual I thought they were going to lick it off. the believability was at a zero on all evidence collected, and the plot itself was lacking in that factor also.

I wont watch it again for awhile, I dont care how cool Larry Fishburne is.

April 24 2009 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I thought I would add to the L. Fish discussion. He's been a very good addition to the show. No one will truly replace Grissom (William Peterson AKA Will Pete) but Lawrence has done a good job not getting in the way of the true star of the show, the fictional forensic science.

One of the things that I really appreciate about what the writers did with Fish's character, is that he had to start at the bottom of the food chain. He's a level 1 CSI and that's great. He's smart & definitely has potential to be a very good CSI, but I think it's great that he has to go through all the same things that Nick & Sarah & Greg all had to endure to get where they are. If he had come in and just stepped into head of the department, it wouldn't have been as fluid of a change.

April 24 2009 at 11:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply