December 20, 2014

Leno says he's doing fine and that web rumors are ridiculous

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 24th 2009 7:28PM
Jay LenoTonight Show host Jay Leno says he's fine, he's out of the hospital, and he'll be back on his show on Monday night.

Leno spoke with The Knoxville News-Sentinel and says that he's completely fine and that the internet rumors that he was secretly dead aren't true. Hmmm...as someone who writes for a TV blog I can honestly say I hadn't heard any of those types of rumors - maybe I should read more of the crazy blogs. There's still no official comment on why Leno checked himself into the hospital.

The L.A. Times blog Show Tracker (I know, another blog on the interwebs Leno won't be pleased with) is reporting that Leno told friends that he went to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center was because he was suffering from food poisoning. Of course, there's no confirmation of that at all.

I'm sure he'll talk about this at length on his show on Monday.

richard fusilier

The guy that is really boring, more than Jimmy Fitten, is Letterman.

May 30 2009 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DAN CELLI

I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE THE 70'S. I'VE RECORDED YOU
OVER THE YEAR'S,LETTERMAN,THE JOHN DAVIDSON
SHOW,YOUR SPECIAL IN 1978. EAT WELL,SLEEP A
LITTLE LONGER THAN 5 HOURS A NIGHT. WATCHING
YOUR NEW SHOW AT 10PM WILL BE A GREAT TIME
FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO GO TO WORK
THE NEXT DAY. DAN CELLI.PS: YOUR GOOD HEALTH
WILL KEEP THE JOKES COMING FOR A LONG TIME!

April 27 2009 at 1:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

I am so glad he is recovering and doing well. Very funny comedian.

April 26 2009 at 7:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia Champion

Jay: "Very Thankful" to hear that you are released from
the hospital! Take care of yourself! We Love You &
the enjoyment you have given us on your Show! You
were very Kind to entertain the individuals enduring
difficult times without jobs! You "also" treat "Our Troops"
with Dignity and Pride which THEY "GREATLY NEED!"
WE LOVE YOU! Virginia

April 26 2009 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charlene

I love watching Jay Leno every weekday evening and have read many things about him all good things he is suppose to be one of the nicest guys in Hollywood.I hope Jay that you are feeling much better soon you need to rest more besides the show you do on TV i know you also go and work at the comedy clubs,and how many people in Hollywood would do free shows for people that are having problems and could not afford to see a show like yours right now i know only one you MR.Leno.Charlene

April 25 2009 at 8:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaz

Quit guessing at what's wrong with Leno. What are you after,an exclusive?

April 25 2009 at 5:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Babs

This will help Leno and his writers with new joke material. Will be watching Monday...Stay well Jay....

April 24 2009 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply