September 18, 2014

Real Housewives of New York City is, like, irritating as hell

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 29th 2009 7:33PM
If you haven't watched The Real Housewives of New York City, then you're missing ... well, a lot of really annoying women doing stuff. But you are also missing out on some great wisdom. In the clip below from last night (also at the link above), Kelly explains to her friends her philosophy about going on a date, which apparently includes not eating salad and using the word "like." A lot. Try to keep track of how many times she uses it.

I believe that if everyone would stop using that word so much they would seem 94% more intelligent.

Caroline

It constantly amazes me how shallow even bottom feeders go to get noticed. These people on this show are disgusting! Not just Kelly, but every single one of them including Bethany, Ramona, LuAnn, Jill et. al. The ethics and values that they espouse are me, me, me and how entitled we are to be complete jerks with no class or taste. It is quite interesting to delve into the inner souls of these types....money, status, materialism...
Graciousness, kindness, love your neighbour is completely foreign to the women and their spouses of NY Housewives. It is interesting to watch this show because I cannot believe that this show is not scripted....I hope it is scripted because God forbid that we have a population with these cultural values...which are no values to be proud of....the phoniness of the Luann (the name alone should tell you 'trailer trash') - Ramona: complete freak of nature and her husband what a tool, Bethany really needs psychological counselling and medication, Jill needs to look in the mirror and see the reflection of 'wow, did I ever get lucky by marrying the rich guy, now how can I pay back' , Simon and whatever her doormat name is...this couple cannot be for real? Please can someone verify that they are completely scripted. And Kelly - what can you say? What I say is now I no respect for Gilles Bensimon who actually married this tart!

July 05 2009 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lauren Shaw

I truly would love to know the scoop with Kelly! I would like to
know how anybody could possible take her side when it comes to
Bethanny and the way Kelly treated her. Who is Kelly, God forbid her
kids are parented by only Kelly, that would be a scary scary thought.
She's shallow, evil and nuts.
She's also a joke "everyone wants Max, but Max wants ME!!!! Oh my
God, who was they guy she beat up, and I can see her doing it, she
needs professional help!
Oh please, bring this crew back I love them, even the looney toon
that Bethany can put in her place!!
God bless you, by the way Bethany, and keep going, with good friends
like Jill by your side and Jill's mom, too, you'll always have
someone to call family and you'll always be encouraged.
Luvbeingmimi

May 18 2009 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janis

Did Ramona go to High School? She has an incredibly poor command of the English language, however she is great for a lot of laughs as he continually incorrectly uses words and/or phrases. Some of her malaprops -- she said she does look her "cronincal" age, or when she says at the beginning of the show that making her own money is an aphrodisiac; really? Making her own money arouses her sexual desire? Or when she said that Bethenny came at her like a bat out of hell-- that is a phrase that means the way you flee from someplace, not the way you approach someone, or when she talked about being glib, clearly she did not know the meaning of the word. It goes on and on. She can also be very nasty and judgmental, and then that prude act! You can't even mention Alex's nude pictures in front of her, yet look at the way she dances with a short dress and her legs wide open! It was pretty disgusting. I also get a laugh out of her having a skin care line. Her face looks like a tomato. What is with her eyes? An eye lift that is too tight? Or is she suffering from exopthalmous? I love when she said they are all "surgery-free". I guess she hasn't seen Bethenny's and Alex's breast implants, and I am sure there are other little nips and tucks, here and there. I am also curious about Ramona's face -- she was either in some kind of accident, or she had surgery for a clef palate. Her husband is kind of dopey and silly too!

May 18 2009 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

I am very curious as to weather or not these players have to submit to drug tests before they are allowed to do the show, I really doubt they have to otherwise you would see Kelly talking like she is so high and can't remember her last sentence and in the end never makes any sense, or how Ramona jabbers so fast like she is on speed with that annoying voice and the constant flipping of her hair and how she can't be still for a moment, I would bet anything she is on drugs and taking them with all the wine she drinks for intensity. I find her to be so unattractive and the way she acts to be so annoying, I can not see what her husband sees in her, maybe it's just the new found $$$$, he surely can't be making much! The thought of him in bed with her, yuck big time! I mean for him!

May 15 2009 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Kelly needs to go. There is something seriously wrong with her. What is up with the way she treats Bethenny? She dishes it out, but can't take it. I think she is a big phony.

May 12 2009 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy

It's funny when Bethenny tries to make fun of the others. She's no better with that cheese grater voice. If you don't like these women (which no one should) then why hang around them? Oh wait, to advanve your career, I forgot.

May 07 2009 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis

Hyeeeee, oh give a f*****g break. How do the ladies put up with her constant hair tossing and playing. They should really give her somethng to play with. It might just keep her busy.
She is a fake a a $2.00 bill.

May 07 2009 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
labon07

We think that Kelly is a MAN! Who else would go to a nightclub wearing pink plastic boots (size 14). It looks like she's getting ready to bite someone with those big horse teeth of hers, always smiling innapp., her tongue keeps darting out of her mouth( she must be on psychotropic drugs)Her eyes darting back & forth when shes trying to think of something to say--just a bunch of rambling craziness comes out of her mouth, then denies she said anything!! ANut Case!! for sure! Betheny--don't give "HIM" the time of day girl (where did they find him at?)

May 06 2009 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy

I used to wonder how anyone could be married to Ramona. Then I saw her husband and now I get it. He's worse than she is. Two very childish, arrogant people. I feel bad for their daughter.

May 06 2009 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy

Let's face it, the only reason these people are getting "book deals" and "jewelry lines" is due to the free advertising the companies get from the tv show. People who are really for charities do it for the cause and actually get their hands dirty. They don't use it as an excuse to throw a party and buy a new overpriced dress.

May 06 2009 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply