July 31, 2014

Criminal Minds: The Big Wheel - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 30th 2009 8:29AM
Criminal Minds

I bet a lot of Moonlight fans tuned into Criminal Minds last night to see Alex O'Loughlin star as a serial killer; if they knew he was on it, that is. Oh, who am I kidding? The real Moonlight fans probably knew about the casting before O'Loughlin did.

What did you think of the episode? Criminal Minds is one of those shows that does pretty well in the ratings but no one really seems to talk about. So, talk about it.

MichaelC2B

Oh, we have been talking about it all over the place! We all had our countdown clocks set for 4/29 @ 9 pm for months, and as always, Alex did not disappoint. I love his portrayal of Vincent, and only Alex could make you feel so much sympathy for a serial killer. I cried at the end, and I cry each time I watch it. Alex's performance was brilliant, but I was not surprised - after seeing all of his work, I know that everything this man does is going to be awesome.
SO - set your countdown clocks for the announcement that Three Rivers HAS been picked up for this fall (5/20), filming for The Back-Up Plan starts on 5/11 - Alex's lead in a movie, which he should ALWAYS BE - the lead - and for WhiteOut, which is supposed to finally open in theaters 9/09.
Alex O. rocks, and this is a great year for him and for us!

May 08 2009 at 6:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sp

I didn't watch the moonlight,but I am a big fan of cm.I really like the serial killer this time,well done!Alex.

May 06 2009 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marisa

I think that Alex's way is opened definitely towards the success, after seeing his Vincent's fabulous interpretation in CM to nobody, he will have left doubts that he is an impressive actor capable of realizing any role, really Alex disappears inside the most pleasant and vulnerable serial killer that I have seen, really it is sad to see dying his personage.
I hope that CBS should compensate now Alex and all his fans for the stupid Moonlight cancellation and should allow us to see him again and enjoy his interpretation in a big show as it will be Three Rivers.
A lot of luck Alex in your movie with Jennifer Lopez, another sure success, we will be there to celebrate it with you.

May 04 2009 at 5:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Fegan

I am a Crininal Minds fan. But much, much more a Moonlight fan. Watch it over and over again. So, of course love watching anything Alex is/was in. Bought Mary Bryant, August Rush,Oyster Farmer and getting Black Jack, also watched the Shield just to catch his Ltn Kevin Hiatt.

So obviously I watched Big Wheel on intenet. It will be televised later in Australia. Vincent was so OCD, and so mixed up serial killer. But it shows the acting talent of Alex that a lot of us felt sad and sorry for the character. Also upset when he died on the Ferris wheel. How could we watch 15 mins of an actor not speaking. But Alex's facial expressions speak volumes. He was so geeky, yet still so attractive. He's been described as "eye candy". But that "eye candy" can really act.

I say more of this fantastic actor on TV would be good.

May 04 2009 at 2:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Natalie

Alex thanks those who watched CM on his blog:

Mmmm, I melt like Buttah!!!

May 02 2009 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moonlightaddicted

Alex was fantastic in CM, the best episode that I have seen. He is an excellent actor.I love how he gets into the skin of his personages.I hope to see him prompt in Three Rivers.

May 02 2009 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie

Alex did an amazing job portraying a serial killer. I watched Moonlight and loved every episode. He is truly a very gifted actor. Everthing I've seen him in he's done an excellent job with the character he's playing. I was very dissappointed ( as was all his fans) when CBS cancelled Moonlight. So many questions left unanswered. I'm thankful that he was able to guest star on CM and I believe it's the first time they have ever announced who the guest star was going to be. Now I'm hoping that CBS will pick Three Rivers as one of the new fall series. I'm also looking forward to the Back Up Plan. He is devoted to the parts he gets and does a tremendous job evertime. Alex is a young man that is going to set Hollywood on fire with his good looks, charm, wit and the ability to always give a fantastic performance with each and ever role he's given.

May 02 2009 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sabine Atkins

Criminal Minds "The Big Wheel" marked the triumphant return of the captivating, extremely talented actor Alex O'Loughlin. Vincent's character was brilliantly portrayed by Alex O'Loughlin and written by Simon Mirren. "The Big Wheel" completely succeeded in making Vincent a memorable character: O'Loughlin and Mirren created a person that the audience could connect to and see his humanity despite the murders he committed.

May 02 2009 at 2:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

I hate to say that it wasn't my favorite but I did enjoy watching Alex O'Loughlin. I didn't think it was the best performance I'd ever seen him do-it was alright for me. That being said I did feel somewhat of a connection with his character so all couldn't have been too bad. Yes I shed a tear. I agree with the person that said the pace felt off. Really off. That was the only episode of CM I have ever seen and it certainly wasn't enough for me to give up my usual show in that time slot.

May 02 2009 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juanita

Wow. I swear I was on the edge of my seat with my mouth hanging open for the entire hour. Vincent is not a character I'm going to forget anytime soon. No matter how hard I tried to see "Mick", he just wasn't there; Alex was *all* Vincent. What an amazing, stunning performance. The last scene was positively riveting. Jake Cherry (Stanley) did an excellent job as well.

So many of the comments here echo my own, and I couldn't have put it better. Cindy, Mntngrl, Ros, Valerie, Natalie, Rowena, nrphd, Connie, Sylvia, Beth - you said it all.

Way to go, Alex!