September 30, 2014

Fans get creative to save Sarah Connor

by Mike Moody, posted May 4th 2009 12:09PM
terminator the sarah connor chronicles lena headeyNo, they're not sending nuts, bolts or robot arms to Fox executive's doors. Instead, fans of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles are joining a creative campaign called "Sarah Connor Made Me Do It" to help save the show.

Here's the idea, thought up by our friends at io9.com: TSCC fans are being asked to take photos of themselves posing with products that sponsor the show and posting them on a Flickr group. io9 says they'll make sure Fox and Warner Bros. see the photos and feel the buying power of TSCC fans.

So if you drive a Dodge Ram or love stuffing your face with Whoppers and want to see a third season of TSCC, take a picture and upload it to the group.

It couldn't hurt, right? It's definitely one of the more creative "save a show" campaigns I've ever heard of. It might even make an impact.

There is some good news about the show. E! Online readers recently voted it the show they most want to return. Let's hope the suits are paying attention, because I wanna see teenage John Connor butting heads with shiny new not-dead Derek Reese in the post-apocalyptic future already.

jim

Loved TSCC - please keep it!

May 04 2009 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

this show should be saved over that drabby dollhouse

May 04 2009 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

If Terminator gets cancelled, it goes to show that the "dumbing down" of America is alive and well. Fox Execs are smart enought to think up thought provoking shows like TSSC, & Prison Break....so why are they so stupid to cancel them? Whats next? 24? I guess all that will be left are mindless sitcoms & ridiculous "reality" shows.

May 04 2009 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley

I like this idea because it's something I can actually do... lol

May 04 2009 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Innari

I agree, this is a very creative way to save the show. Its being noted on Twitter from one of T:SCC's writer. Lets keep the campaign up bring us a Season 3.
SAVE T:SCC!

May 04 2009 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

Clever? It sounds like the Chuck Subway campaign with the addition of a Flickr group.

May 04 2009 at 3:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric H

This has to be the most clever save a show campaign yet, it plays to the advertisers, and shows that their ads are working, instead of sending useless junk to people who could care less.

May 04 2009 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Me

Oh my god, an article about saving Sarah Connor actually has a picture of Sarah Connor on it. That is friggin' amazing!

And here I thought the face of Sarah Connor was Cameron

May 04 2009 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mack Swift

Now see, this is creativity!! Why the TV execs can't get this creative in regards to revenue and ratings and all the Tivo-ing, downloads, DVR'sn and placeshifting is beyond me.

May 04 2009 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

I guess no one is up for my idea about sending robots back into the past to prevent the executives canceling the show from ever being born? (please not this is both impossible and something I would never do, and if I did it would not be through violent means but through the use of making the executives' mothers fall in love with the robots so they would never marry nor get impregnated since I would not want to hurt or kill anyone.)

May 04 2009 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply