October 22, 2014

CW backing out of Sundays, wants to pretend it never happened

by Jason Hughes, posted May 5th 2009 12:07PM
Easy MoneyIt was a grand idea, farming out their Sunday programming to Media Rights Capital, which immediately destroyed the night by putting on Easy Money and Valentine. So as a way of saying they're sorry, The CW is abandoning Sunday night altogether, giving them to the the local affiliates to do with as they wish. After the MRC debacle failed, they've been running movies no one has ever heard of.

This move will allow the affiliates to run ShamWow infomercials, which are almost guaranteed to get more viewers than Easy Money and Valentine had. Or they now have a great competitive slot to put Legend of the Seeker. Maybe we'll even get some more quality syndicated dramas that local affiliates can give a prime-time berth to. How about a cage fight between ShamWow pitchman Vince Schlomi and the godfather of product pimping Billy Mays? In my area it will mean my affiliate can play baseball games on Sundays rather than during the week, bumping my CW programming to Saturdays. I can't wait that long for my Reaper fix!

Gaby

me too, I really liked Valentine, and I would love to see how the story continues!

May 31 2009 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

I wish someone would air Valentine and easy money, because I thought they were actually good shows, and would love to know where they were going.

May 06 2009 at 5:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
catko

Don't give up on Reaper! Visit reaperdmv.com, and tell the CW! Snail and email addresses, petitions, etc., are organized here: http://community.livejournal.com/reaperdmv/37449.html

May 06 2009 at 3:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick cokely

Nooooooo! Don't mess up my TiVo schedule for Legend of the Seeker.

Plus, Saturday just "feels" like a good day for syndicated action/fantasy.

May 05 2009 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tingrin87

reaper is the ONLY decent show on CW right now, and it isn't that good - first season was about mythology surrounding the devil, this season has been about sex. and there are some very large, glaring plotholes.

May 05 2009 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RT

I actually watch Jericho reruns on Sundays... hope they're able to run all the episodes before they bail.

May 05 2009 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply