October 31, 2014

Dom Deluise dead at 75

by Bob Sassone, posted May 5th 2009 1:03PM
Dom DeluiseThere was a sitcom on for a short time in the 70s titled Lotsa Luck. It starred Dom Deluise as a single guy who lived with his overbearing mother. I remember it being the funniest thing in the world, but I was around 8 or 9 years old at the time so if I were to see it today I'm sure I'd realize that I was wrong. But I do know that I went around saying "lotsa luck!" to people for several months after the show premiered.

Deluise died last night in Los Angeles. He was 75.

He was more famous for the movies he starred in, of course, including Blazing Saddles, Cannonball Run, History of the World Part 1, Spaceballs, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Johnny Dangerously, Fatso, The Cheap Detective, The Muppet Movie, Fatso, Smokey and the Bandit II, and Fail-Safe. He did do a lot of TV too though, having his own show (The Dom Deluise Show), a regular spot on the Burke's Law update in the 90s, along with guest spots on everything from The Dean Martin Summer Show and The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. to Third Rock From The Sun and Stargate SG-1.

He was also a chef and wrote cookbooks.

Galley

Captain Chaos was the best superhero ever.

May 06 2009 at 8:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff ganon

You sure use the term "starred" in pretty loosely. Blazing Saddles? Hardly a starring role. Barely even an extra. Voice in Spaceballs? Not a DeLuise part I would consider memorable.

May 05 2009 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Can't count all the times this man has made me crack up. Gonna miss ya, Dom!

May 05 2009 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erika

"It's good to be the King!" You'll be missed, Dom!!

May 05 2009 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

"What the HELL do you think you're doing here?! This is a closed set!"
"Piss on you, I'm workin' for Mel Brooks!"
"Not in the face!"

Rest in Peace, funnyman.

May 05 2009 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
iamhoff

"Here. Wash this." RIP big guy.

May 05 2009 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Montgomery Lopez

I had almost called an error about Dom being in Spaceballs. I verified with IMDB and did not know that he was the voice of Pizza the Hutt. A great comedic actor. He will be missed.

May 05 2009 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Dom Deluise: "Alligators? Did you say Alligators?!?"

Kermit the Frog: "Read my lips: all-ee-gay-tors"

May 05 2009 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply