October 24, 2014

Will Let's Make A Deal replace Guiding Light?

by Bob Sassone, posted May 5th 2009 8:28PM
Let's Make A DealFirst there was word that a new $25,000 Pyramid could replace Guiding Light when it ends in September. Now comes word that CBS might do an updated Let's Make A Deal instead (or perhaps "too"). Monty Hall is even doing host auditions this week.

What would you like to see replace Guiding Light? And no, "keep Guiding Light on" is not an option.

What would you like to see replace Guiding Light?
Let's Make A Deal250 (39.0%)
$25,000 Pyramid136 (21.2%)
Another soap opera123 (19.2%)
A talk show28 (4.4%)
Another hour or two of The Early Show24 (3.7%)
Infomercials21 (3.3%)
Other (say in comments)59 (9.2%)

James Craven

Give half an hour to the affiliates and expand Bold and beautiful to an hour.

June 18 2009 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marjy Newman

I do not care what they replace GL with I am not going to watch it or any other CBS program anyway.

May 06 2009 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DJ

Add 30 min to Bold and the Beautiful and a updated version of Supermarket Sweep. I love that show!

May 06 2009 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise

If you're going to give me an option like "other" than I'm going to pick it and say hell yeah, keep Guiding Light!

I have no "investment" in a game show, they are a dime a dozen, especially a recycled one. If "Let's Make a Deal" had been that worthwhile the first time around, it would've stayed on the air consistently for, say, about 70+ years.

May 06 2009 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

instead of filling in a hour CBS should extend the Bold and the Beautiful to a hour and than CBS would have a half-hour slot to fill and I'd like to see a revival of Press your Luck ! as I miss those Whammies

May 06 2009 at 3:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ManekiNeko

Wow, they tried this before. Not NBC, but FOX attempted a Let's Make a Deal revival back in the early 1990s. It was completely terrible and canceled in record time... but on the plus side, it convinced a couple of stupid-ass parents to name their baby "Deal" for a sofa set. That was worth a few laughs!

May 06 2009 at 1:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanna

Guiding Light! Don't cancel it.

What will I do without my Reva Shane and Bud!

May 06 2009 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent Schmidt

Supermarket Sweep...

May 05 2009 at 11:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

You know what I really miss? Classic Concentration. They should bring that back...

May 05 2009 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply