August 29, 2014

More Wolverine and the X-Men coming to Nicktoons

by Mike Moody, posted May 7th 2009 9:04AM
Wolverine and the X-MenIt's true. You really can't kill Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman is already hitting the gym for a sequel to the just-released X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Nicktoons just ordered 26 more episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men.

The animated show was a big hit on Nicktoons, helping give the network its highest-ratings ever in key demos. The new eps will kick off May 22.

I know a lot of X-Men fans had problems with Wolverine and the X-Men, but I love the show. Being a Cyclops fan (yes, we do exist), it sorta bugs me that Wolverine is billed as the leader of the X-Men on the show, but that's a minor complaint. The show is fun, packed with cool, somewhat obscure Marvel mutants, and it's pretty entertaining for kids and adults.

I'm looking forward to the show continuing to mine the history of the X-franchise for new episodes. The comics have a long and rich mythology full of great characters and stories that are begging to be adapted for a TV series.

Which classic X-Men comics storyline would you like to see come to life on Wolverine and the X-Men?

wolverineX

I never thought X men cartoons were fun until I watched wolverine and the X men episodes
I AM A HUGE FAN OF X MEN now ( not a fan of old x men !! cartoons or comics)
and i think wolverine is OK as a leader
i find it funny like how he always tell people he will be fine and so do what ever he ordered but then gets into trouble and others have to help !!!!!!!
GOOOOOOO wolverine !!!!!! and cyclops =)

June 14 2009 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jothie

I'm a Cyclops fan too! When the show started I was upset that he was removed as leader.. and wtf is with that trenchcoat? Is he trying to be Gamblops(cross between Gambit and Cyclops)? But its turned out well so far. I can't wait for season 2 and see AoA come to life.

May 08 2009 at 3:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Spoiler**

Can't wait to see the second season and see hopefully a ton of the Age of Apocalypse. That was by far one of my favorite storylines in the comics

May 07 2009 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Nicktoons has been showing the same 8 or so episodes of the show with nothing new since the premiere in January. You would think they would have shown more to merit those additional episodes (also knowing that those episodes of the first season have been shown everywhere else.)

May 07 2009 at 11:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric

Gotta agree with you, I was always a Cyclops fan over Wolverine, I hate the fact that they had Hallie Berry play Storm in the movies, because her "I'm a big star ego" made her more of the leader then Cyclops, and I hated the way they killed him off.

May 07 2009 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj

I loved the old X Men cartoons, and this one is pretty good, too. I'm a Gambit fan. Oh, yeah.

May 07 2009 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

Something tells me the X-Men cartoons will never have a theme song as cool as this one again:

May 07 2009 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply