December 22, 2014

Top ten lines never before said in a Star Trek film

by Bob Sassone, posted May 8th 2009 12:31PM
This is becoming Leonard Nimoy Squad after yesterday's post from The Today Show, but here's another one, in honor of the new Star Trek film opening today. It's Nimoy on The Late Show with David Letterman giving the "Top Ten Lines Never Before Said In A Star Trek Film."

shylohjacobs

I heard people joking about this the other day on the radio when I was driving to a couple home electronics stores. I wonder what is next for Star Trek. http://sourceoneshop.com

February 02 2011 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

We try to give an alternative video link but I thought that the AOL video would play for everyone so I didn't in this case. I'll make sure to give a link next time.

May 08 2009 at 11:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vince

This is a really great top ten list, Dave is the best. I really look forward to this new movie, should be fun. Anyone can post their own list to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.

May 08 2009 at 11:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
d

I haven't watched Letterman in about 10 years & this bit reminds me why

May 08 2009 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

Every time I see a Letterman Top 10, it makes me curious to see what pitches they rejected as not funny enough. I mean that in the worst way possible.

May 08 2009 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elisabeth

Yay. Once again TV Squad forgets that the world is a just a little bit bigger than the United States. Thanks to framerate for doing what TV Squad should have done in the first place and posting a video that the rest of us can see.
And, yes, I'll continue to post these comments until you guys get this right.
Shame on you.

May 08 2009 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Elisabeth's comment
Dorv

Yes, an American Site, covering (for the most part) American Television, owned by an American company.

Shucks.

May 08 2009 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tingrin87

problem with youtube is that even some of those aren't viewable outside of the UK, and there's no good way to tell.
also, that is not an official video, so has the risk of getting pulled (not sure if letterman uploads have ever been targeted)

May 10 2009 at 3:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike McNamara

You know, I never watch Letterman anymore, but every time I see a clip of him, I realize that I really enjoy his humor, even if the rest of the world seems to have moved on. The whole "Star Wars/Star Trek" bit is lame to describe but his delivery kills it.

May 08 2009 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
framerate

That wouldn't play in the UK. This works:

Skip to the 7 minute mark.

May 08 2009 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply