December 22, 2014

Chris Hardwick to serve up Web Soup

by Mike Moody, posted May 11th 2009 1:26PM
chris hardwickThe producers of E!'s The Soup are creating a new show called Web Soup that highlights memorable moments in online video. Comedian and writer Chris Hardwick will host Web Soup, which debuts June 7 on G4.

I'm not a big fan of The Soup. It's the kind of show I'll watch for a few minutes while flipping. But I'll give Web Soup my full attention only because Chris Hardwick is hosting. The guy's hilarious. He's been making crap watchable since the 1990s when he used to host Singled Out on MTV.

I love it when Hardwick shows up on G4's Attack of the Show to review gadgets or co-host, and I was sad to see his PBS show Wired Science come to a close last year.

Other than that, Web Soup sounds like the TV equivalent of the e-mail forwards I get from co-workers with links to videos I don't want to see. But there might be hope with Hardwick on board. (In other news, I just discovered that I have a huge man crush on Chris Hardwick).

Deb

I just wasted 30 minutes of my life watching this show. Hardwick is a total bore. Maybe the show would have a chance without him.

June 07 2009 at 9:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Chris Hardwick rocks! I'll check out anything he does.

May 11 2009 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Chris Hardwick couldn't make "Shipmates" watchable...

May 11 2009 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
const

the Soup is must see tv

May 11 2009 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anthony

I knew it was only time until Comcast put "The Soup format" on the last network who has yet to have it. It's kinda played out now having 4 shows with the exact same concept. Plus what's going to happen to AOTS's Around the Net segment that leads off the show everyday? I had always thought they didn't need a Soup like show since that already covered it. This surely isn't good news.

May 11 2009 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply