November 21, 2014

Sneak Peek: NBC's Community

by Bob Sassone, posted May 11th 2009 3:18PM
This is the second clip featuring Joel McHale today. I swear I didn't plan it that way. This one is from the new NBC fall sitcom Community, and you know what? It actually looks really funny. McHale plays a lawyer who loses his license and becomes a community college study group leader. Chevy Chase is an older student, and the show also features The Daily Show's John Oliver. It's from Sarah Silverman Program producer and writer Dan Harmon and Arrested Development directors Joe and Anthony Russo. (Video also here.)

Carolyn

In the preview of "Community" on t.v., they show a professor calling on Ahad, then he rhymes it with "the Arab". This is pretty racist, something that we are trying to overcome in this country. I didn't him him joke about Stu the Jew. It's a one way street in Hollywood.

July 31 2009 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
litehousebeacon

the line in Breakfast Club was not "'what about' you."

May 13 2009 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frantic Monkey

Not to toot my own horn, but if you want to read a review of the script (which I think it fantastic), head on over to my site. I gotta promote it somehow :-)

May 11 2009 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zachary

Nice touch having the kid call him Seacrest. Does anyone know what this means for McHale's and Oliver's appearances on The Soup and The Daily Show?

May 11 2009 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Zachary's comment
Ryan

McHale said he was going to continue doing The Soup also. I doubt Oliver would leave The Daily Show for just what appears to be a bit part.

May 11 2009 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andrew

Joel will continue to host The Soup, but John Oliver will likely no longer be able to do the Daily Show (other than an occasional appearance) since it's based in New York.

May 12 2009 at 1:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willmore2000

Bob, instead of doing these NBC sneak peeks once every few days, why not just save the time and post them all at the same time ... like NBC did last week.

May 11 2009 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

I love that derrick comedy dude. bu8t I thought he was writing for 30 Rock?

May 11 2009 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply