November 29, 2014

Will Tim Riggins be back for season four of Friday Night Lights?

by Mike Moody, posted May 12th 2009 5:01PM
taylor kitsch Friday Night LightsTaylor Kitsch made the leap from TV to the big screen with a memorable appearance as Gambit in the hit film X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But the Friday Night Lights star isn't ready to forget his TV roots.

Kitsch is reportedly open to returning to Friday Night Lights next season as Dillon bad boy Tim Riggins. Of course, viewers of NBC's low-rated but highly praised drama know that Riggins should be spending most of his time in San Antonio State next year. So how exactly would he fit into season four of FNL, based in the fictional town of Dillon, TX?

I don't want to see a contrived plot arc that has Riggins stuck in Dillon for the next high school football season. I'd rather see him show up only for a few special eps next year. Maybe we could visit him in San Antonio, or watch him give some fresh-faced Panthers a few tips during summer training. I'm guessing Kitsch might return as a guest star only now that his big screen career seems like it's off to a good start.

What do you say, FNL fans? Should Riggins move on or do you want him to stay in Dillon for good?

#7

Does anyone know when season 4 is going to premier? Also, has anyone
heard who as re-upped for season 4?

June 20 2009 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
#7

Does anyone know when season 4 is going to premier? Also, has anyone heard who as re-upped for season 4?

June 20 2009 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sammi

I'd love to see Tim be able to do something good with his life but I love him so much that I selfishly want him to be on the show full-time for the rest of it's run. It's too bad he graduated I'm gonna miss seeing "Big" Tim Riggins playing football at Dillon lol.

June 06 2009 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FNLsFanSite

Friday Night Lights - The absolute best and most underrated television show since The Cosby Show. People, if you have not had the priveledge to partake in this great show, WAIT NO MORE! Run out and get the season dvd's 1,2 and 3. Get caught up before season 4 starts in a few months. Afterwards, come hang out with many other fans and chat about the show, cast, episodes, as well as many other topics. There is great website where fans of the show are meeting right now! Check it out!

May 29 2009 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FNLsFanSite

ILoveFridayNightLights.com

May 29 2009 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
meb

It's totally conceivable for Tim to flunk out in his first semester at San Antonio State and then come back to Dillon and work at Riggins' Rigs with his brother Billy. Could even potentially work/volunteer with the football team. Makes perfect sense.

May 18 2009 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big John

i can't believe tvsquad continues to exist with such expert reporting as this:

"I'd love to see Kitsch return to the show, and I'm sure the producers of FNL would jump at the chance to have him back. His Tim Riggins is a standout, larger-than-life character and a fan favorite. But I think the character should be allowed to progress and move on from Dillon.

I don't want to see a contrived plot arc that has Riggins stuck in Dillon for the next high school football season. I'd rather see him show up only for a few special eps next year."

May 13 2009 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YouFaceTheTick

1. Tim Riggins was a great character in Seasons 1 and 2. He should not have been around in Season 3. No logic to that at all. There's no way he was a sophomore in Season 1. Fun character though.

2. Kitsch was not memorable in Wolverine. While he wasn't the worst thing about it, his Gambit didn't have even an accent. And his character went from fighting with wolverine to joining him in a flash. Silly, bad writing and awful directing.

3. Please do NOT bring Riggins or any other characters beyond Coach Taylor back. The whole concept of his wife as principal was pretty silly but her character just floundered in Season 3 - as did most of them. Taylor and Buddy about the only two who should stick around for Season 4.

May 12 2009 at 11:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben Watson

There is no way Riggins will last in college (bless his heart) he just doesn't have the right motivation. Kitsch said in EW this week that he doesn't want Riggins to go to college because it would be unbelievable. That being said, yes it would be crazy dumb to have him stay and play football for Dillon as a "super senior." Now here is where I lose my credibility... Maybe not everyone needs to go to college? Perhaps he could stay in Dillon or thereabouts and still be moderately successful. On Dawson's Creek (I know I know) they had Joshua Jackson's character take the alternative route and still end up with the girl. In the end it's still TV so I hope he stays around.

May 12 2009 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ben Watson's comment
Jennifer

I'm with you. Tim will flunk out within the first semester, and then be one of Those Guys a la that one in Dazed and Confused who macks on the high school girls, has a lame job, and never amounts to anything else after the last football season was over.

May 13 2009 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply