April 18, 2014

Cupid: Left of the Dial (season finale/series finale?) - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted May 13th 2009 10:43AM
Cupid
When a Cupid remake (the original starred Jeremy Piven) was announced months ago, a lot of fans wondered if an update was even necessary. So here we are after the season finale, so I have to ask...was an update even necessary? How did it compare to the original? Should the series come back for another season?

J.C.Hayward

For me, nothing can compare with the Jeremy Piven/Paula Marshall pairing in the original series. The chemistry was out of this world and the banter...priceless. I'll admit, I only watched @ 5 min. of the pilot this time around but it just felt like a cheap imitation.

May 18 2009 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
clgbutterfly

I enjoy cupid. Its light and enjoyable and Bobby is delicious. I think its a good balance of classic Romantic comedy show that is applied to current issues. The show deserves atleast another season to grab a fan base. This show actually would do well coupled with Castle.

May 14 2009 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freibooter

According to Wikipedia and TV.com there is at least one more episode titles "Bio Hazard" coming up on March 17th.
So why is this labeled as season/series finale when it is clear that it is neither?
Cupid is light and fun entertainment and I would like to see more episodes in the future.

May 14 2009 at 6:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

It was...okay at best. Sarah Paulson, to be honest, was chemistry-free. The new Cupid was okay, but not as good as Piven. The writing was all over the place.

Probably won't be renewed, I will not cry about this.

May 13 2009 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LoopyChew

While the original series is something I hold near and dear to me (as someone who watched it in preparation for this version), I have to say that I still prefer the original by far--its Moonlighting felt a lot more organic than this version's Love Boat.

That said, a guilty pleasure is still a pleasure, and I wouldn't mind this show getting renewed if they'd focus the tiniest bit more on the rapport between Trevor and Claire. Also, they need to make Claire much less of a wet fish.

May 13 2009 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I still wish ABC would bring back Pushing Daisies, but in its absence Cupid helps to fill the lighthearted entertainment void. Bring it back (or PD....please??)

May 13 2009 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NYCGal

I h-a-t-e open threads. sorry I love recaps! And Cupid deserves a recap thread!

Cupid is a great breath of fresh air to what is on TV a straight up romcom, and interesting characters w/an NYC backdrop and not SOAPY like Ugly Betty (Which i like) and I really enjoy it.

May 13 2009 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply