July 23, 2014

My Boys: Facebook The Past - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted May 13th 2009 9:31AM
My Boys

Is My Boys the sitcom we all should be watching? We hear so much about 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, even Big Bang Theory, but My Boys has its following too. Last night's episode was about Facebook, and yes, the show has a Facebook page!

Franklin

"My Boy's" fails for me simply because there are no people of Color in the principal cast. Maybe the targeted demographic is non-pigmented now generation males who are tech savy and hip enough to refer to each other as "my Boy", and open minded enough to consider the equality of the female as a given, who just don't happen to have any friends of color worthy to hang out with.

May 15 2009 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Holtzinger

I typically don't watch sitcoms but My Boys is the exception. Very funny, well written, and intelligent.

May 14 2009 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

I think the show is always funny. Because it has a female lead and occasionally surrounds her love life, people like to mark it in the non-funny category. But, it's always witty and the fact it has more than a couple professional comedians in the cast always helps add more pop culture references and the casual feeling from those with an improv background -

May 14 2009 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rahul

its one of my favorite summer shows. a good comedy with a solid story. tbs has it in the worst time slot however in between office re-runs

May 13 2009 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Garrett

They basically had all the typical jokes about Facebook. The guy that uses it too much (Kenny), the guy that was forced into it (Andy), the guy that uses it for girls (Mike) and the hold out (Brendan). I liked how all were handled except the typical jokes about Kenny updating his status constantly. I also liked how they worked in the notion of what if PJ and Bobby break up.

May 13 2009 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John H.

My bride and I both love this show. It is one of the few we watch together (BBT and The Office being the others). I love how the guys interact with each other as this is how my friends and I all bust on each other. Having the smoking hot PJ helps too. I wonder why they had to do the bf/gf thing and run the risk of changing the dynamic of the show.

May 13 2009 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robyn

It was funny last night, but about two years too late. If they'd focus on Twitter instead, it would have been right on.

May 13 2009 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Courtney

This show's a little known wonder. I love it. And last night's episode was great. It showed both the good and the bad of Facebook--including the super-creepy side, where someone can find out everything about you--plus making fun of a child performance of Pirates of Penzance. Who doesn't love that?

May 13 2009 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply